Hesitant

With as much grace and precision as possible while sliding across the tile, you managed to lock the door before Amanda could get in. As if you'd let her eyes be blessed by nakey Law, anyway.

"I'll be right out!" You assured.

Amanda was definitely on high suspicion, so you had to be quick.

You mouthed "change back!" to Law, waving your hands wondering why he hadn't yet.

"I can't!" you heard Law's thoughts.

For a moment you hesitated, waiting to see if Amanda heard that, too.

...

Okay, she would've said something by now.

"Why not?" You mouthed again, grabbing a towel to soak up the excess water on the floor.

"(F/n)?" Amanda knocked.

Pinching your nose, you inhaled deeply. You had to get rid of her.

Precariously you exited the bathroom in the same fashion you went in, ensuring that Amanda couldn't even peek inside.

"Hey, yeah. Looks like I had a faulty shower head and...it kind of exploded," holding Amanda's arm, you led her confused ass to the front door as you continued, "Why don't you come back later after we've cleaned up?"

"Oh...okay! Well, how about you just meet me at the cafe later?"

"Even better!" You chimed, casually pushing her out of the apartment.

"Do you want me to call maintenance for you?" She asked and peered behind you.

"No! I mean...we got it! Thank you! Bye!"

Finally.

Locking the front door, you rushed back to the bathroom. Law was still sitting in the tub in his wolf form looking like a disgruntled wet puppy.

Exhaling, you decided to save the questions until after Law was dry. You crouched down and motioned for Law to come over to you.

"Come here, I'll help dry you off," you said, grabbing another towel from under the sink.

Huffy, Law hopped out from the tub and padded over to you.

"Don't you dare shake," you warned.

"I'm not a dog," he growled, but that diminished as soon as he nuzzled his way into the towel you had for him.

You massaged the towel all over his fluffy wolf body, tender on his ears and tail. A certain spot on his belly made him lose his balance and his back leg kick, making you giggle as he wiggled around.

"Mhmm," you hummed in amused disbelief at his previous statement.

"Okay, easy, easy," he huffed out, only to jump up and start licking at your face in revenge.

"Law!" You laughed and slid down to your back.

Upon your defeat, Law simply lay on you and brought the playtime to an end.