The Wolf's Reign

Walking into the warm-lit restaurant with Law behind you was likely going to be the best part of that evening. On normal occasions, just one set of eyes upon you would make your anxiety quiver a bit, but the warmth seething from your wolf behind you kept you at ease. Like a scented candle that only you could hold.

"Welcome to Sakaya Hibachi--" The hostess choked on her words when she turned around, seemingly spelled by Law's golden gaze as she stared over your head. You couldn't help but smirk, mentally telling her "Yup, that's my boyfriend."

You allowed the girl to gawk at him while your eyes nonchalantly scanned the tables for either a giddy Amanda too cheeky for her own good, or a red-headed sourpuss ass-hat. Okay, maybe that last one was harsh, but he didn't exactly deserve a well thought out nickname. They hadn't arrived yet, though.

"T-Table for two?" The hostess stuttered out, fumbling behind a marble podium and pulling out a set of flat menus. Her stuffed bun wiggled when she moved even the slightest, and her rosy lips were pressed into a tight smile. Her golden tag on her white button up shirt read 'MACY'.

"Actually we have a reservation," you corrected, offering a gentle smile that was likely the complete opposite mood of what Law was evoking.

"Oh, sorry! Under what name?" Macy hit her hip on the podium as she stepped back to it. Poor frazzled girl. ...Then again, you're just as clumsy around Law, if not worse.

"Uh..."

What name did Kid put the reservation under? His full name? Jerk probably just wants to gorge himself with the thought we needed to use his full name to get somewhere.

"(F/N!) You made it!"

God bless it all. Amanda spared you that mortification.

You peeked out from behind Law and smiled at the glitzed-up Amanda. She looked as though she'd taken a bubble bath inflated with glitter, then used a hairdryer to blow off the excess. Her velvet blue dress highlighted her figure well, thanks to your recommendation over text. Complemented by a pair of silver heels, you were proud of her choices - aside from the downpour of glitter - knowing you'd find specks in your apartment through next week. The secondhand glitter curse.

Amanda's eyes ranked your look, her mouth slowly gaping before she blurted, "Well pardon me, I didn't know you two would show up looking this good. I mean WOW, (f/n)!"

Cradling her hand like the snake he was, Kid had somehow managed to clean up nicely - though he was clearly influenced by Amanda's volition to make this evening nice. Either that, or his own egotistical pride to challenge Law in the art of good looks. A crimson red button-down shirt matched his eyes, paired with black slacks and black dress shoes. His hair was lathered in grease and slicked back as if to say 'I am civilized'.

Kid looked as though he wanted to make another dog-related insult to Law, but held back for the sake of mutual respect to keep things chivalrous.

Judging by his burning glare that passed over your head, you assumed he and Law were having a staring war - not a contest, a war. This was likely the first time Law was going to have to sit down and have dinner with Kid without the green light to maul him when he wanted. Getting Law to sit still in one place was already a feat in itself, so this was going to be interesting.

"Eustass." Kid answered Macy who'd asked again about the reservation. The girl picked out four menus and bid you to follow. Law pressed you to go ahead of him, as if to ensure Kid wouldn't be able to steal a glance. It felt nice, like your own personal bodyguard that you could kiss. But you knew you'd have to assure him you could take care of yourself.