Royals

You took the time to paint and polish your nails, but after that, you straight up napped. You were just...so drained.

Your mental exhaustion was creeping up on you, and even slipped a nightmare in during your rest. It felt so real... you were in the apartment alone making dinner when a crash happened behind you. But it wasn't Law. Doflamingo crawled in like a spider, then Kid came through the door. With devious laughter they cornered you in your kitchen, a spatula being the only thing between you and them -- until you forced yourself awake.

Bolting up and panting, you felt tears on your cheeks and groaned at yourself. Damn it, brain.

You picked up your phone, 3:48pm. You'd missed a few texts from Amanda who'd sent you pictures of clothes to get your opinion. Oops. You messaged her back and set the phone on the bed. Kicking your legs over the side of the bed, you got up. Trudging your way to the bathroom, you decided to go ahead and get ready.

You weren't sure when Law was coming back, but you relished in having the apartment to yourself for a bit. You really needed a source of music, though. Amanda used to let you borrow her tablet, before she dropped and cracked it into a thousand pieces somehow.

Grabbing your phone, you searched for any sort of app or source, but the outdated flip phone didn't have anything you could download without paying for it. Oh well.

Humming as you frisked your closet, you pulled out a couple of dresses, including the pink high-low from earlier. Trying each of them on, you stared at your full-length mirror in your closet and tried to pretend Law was there.

What's he going to wear? You'd never been on a 'fancy' date with Law, nor had you ever seen him in such attire. Your heart raced at the imagery of dapper Law. Oof.

You finally decided on a white dress your mom bought you last summer on clearance. The dress flared subtly just above the knees, permitting a gentle flow when you swayed, with a sheer lining at the bottom. The neck was sheer and sleeveless, bordered by the thicker fabric same as the body of the dress. Blush pink roses on thin green vines accented the entirety of the dress, exuding soft, yet elegant vibes.

You dressed your hair up to a way most suitable for you, spritzing hairspray to keep it in place. Your makeup was treated with the upmost precision for once, looking soft and peachy as you added some blush. You rolled on your favorite perfume that you hardly wore because it was so expensive. It doused you in a lustrous scent of crystallized roses - according to the box.

Now all that was left to decide on were shoes and jewelry. You stared at yourself in the closet mirror, satisfied with your progress, when something appeared at your window.

Whirling around, you watched Law enter with prudence. He dodged your frame and closed the window. When he looked up at you, he froze. You froze, too.

...

He'd actually cleaned up. He was practically glowing. His hair was slicked back, and his facial hair was trimmed to a clean goatee. He had small gold bands on his ears that matched his eyes. A black long sleeve button up shirt with gold buttons was closed almost all the way, accenting his defined neck and collarbones. The glint of a gold necklace was evident under the shirt collar, and he wore a watch on his left wrist. The shirt was tucked into dark jeans. Black dress shoes finished off the outfit.

Damn.

You both stared at each other like two high schoolers about to go to prom, seeing each other in such attire for the first time.

As if he were an art piece, you meandered over to him, your eyes making sure not to miss anything. He seemed to be doing the same, but his resistance caved when he came to you and lifted you up with ease, kissing you long and hard. Your arms wrapped around his neck, and you returned the favor.