Reservations

Law lurched towards the door until you scrambled over and stood in front of him.

"Law, it's fine."

He glanced at you briefly, those piercing yellow slits making you want to shrink, before starting forward again. You pushed against his hard stomach, even leaning against his chest but that didn't stop him.

"Law, stop!" You hissed, careful not to raise your voice. Then again, muffled laughter across the hall audibly ensured they likely wouldn't hear you.

Still, Law pressed forth, his eyes rigid. Something in him had changed recently. Slight, yet noticeable, his stubbornness was expected, but now a hint of aggression was arising in some situations. You had to admit to yourself, as you felt your back hit the door, he was intimidating right then.

Before he could reach the handle, you stepped in front of it and gripped the handle behind your back with both hands. You glared up at him as he stared you down. He was clearly more irritated and even confused than actually aggressive.

"What's going on." Perturbed, his voice was laced with impatience for answers.

Figuring there was no way around this and that you'd reach the extension of keeping it from him, you decided he deserved the truth now. It wasn't even that big of a deal when you thought about it.

"Amanda likes him," you sighed, "he watched over her at the party, and I guess they're a thing now."

It was silent for a moment as Law seemed to ease up, but he was still bothered.

He groaned and ran a hand through his clean hair. "Does she know what he did to you at school?"

You shook your head. "She's happy right now. I haven't seen her this happy since I met her."

His eyes averted your gaze and he nodded.

You both stood in quiet contempt, but silently agreed to spare Amanda's heart.

"Also..." you began, knowing that you had to tell him at some point.

"Mm?"

"We, uh, we have a double date with them tomorrow... I'm not sure what the plan is but..."

You squinted your eyes shut, waiting for Law to explode and squall about what you've dragged him into.

"That so?"

...That was calm.

"Are you...okay with that?" You peered an eye open, exploring Law's face for any evidence of irritation. His jaw was firm.

You walked up to him, carefully resting a hand on his chiseled jawline, the soft stubble tickling your palm.  "Law...are you okay with-"

"I am," he quipped.

So he was pissed.

After a bit of hesitation, you muttered, "Amanda just blurted it out, I didn't have a say in it, really..."

Silently, a tattooed hand found its way to yours, peeling your hand off to hold it in his own. His drowsy eyes peered down at you, and you felt relief as they weren't so cold anymore. "Are you okay with it?" He asked.

You shrugged, rubbing your thumb against his hand, tracing part of the tattoo. "As long as you're there, I'll be okay." You offered a tired smile up at him, and he refreshingly reciprocated soon enough.

"In that case," he began, a warm hand pushing back some of your hair, and you could tell he'd resumed his normal composure, "we'll just have to remind Kid that I'm the only one allowed to touch you." His voice drawled at the end, complete with a sultry smirk.