Seen

"What did you think I wrote?" Law chuckled inquisitively.

You still couldn't get over the way he rejected those girls at the library. As you left McDonald's, chicken nuggets in tow, you were still giddy. One hand held your happy meal, the other was encased in Law's strong, but gentle hold.

"Well, I definitely didn't think you'd be indirectly asking me what I want for dinner," you laughed back, nudging his arm with yours, "That's not a typical deflection."

"Mm, true," he hummed.

"Though you're not a typical guy, either," you continued, smiling up at him.

"Also true," he answered lowly, lifting your hand to kiss the back of it.

Your cheeks warmed up at his charms, internally reveling in how this side of him was for you, and only you.

Back at the apartment, you shared your nuggets with Law. It was hard not to laugh at how he picked off the breading, but he seemed content regardless. As he did, you took a moment to watch him carefully, looking for any sign of pain after what he'd been through the night before. You remembered his comment before about how he heals faster than regular people, but that didn't mean you wouldn't still worry. This all had to be mentally taxing on him.

Soon enough, he caught you staring.

"You alright?" He asked, mid-munch.

You nodded with a soft smile. "I was going to ask you that! I mean after last night..."

"We heal faster th-"

"I know, I know. But...I mean you knew those guys - those wolves you were fighting. It was my fault you had to hurt them, too..."

Swallowing, Law felt your worry, and he was quiet for a moment as though he were searching for the right way to explain things.

"It's okay. That's your story to tell when you're ready," you assured.

You recalled Doflamingo telling you about Law's past while your wolf was fighting Diamante. About Rosinanté, and how Law was perceived as a traitor. That side was too subjective and told through a bitter tongue, even if parts of it were possibly true. You would much rather hear it all from Law someday.

"What's important now is that you take some time to rest, Law," you insisted, placing both of your hands over one of his. He'd definitely heard that endlessly throughout his life, but you wanted to help him with that somehow. "Please?"

Law only nodded, and that was okay.

You weren't sure if Doflamingo would still bother him after what happened. For now, though, he was safe here and would hopefully take some time off. All you could really offer was your company - and your shower - and there was still a lot that you didn't know about wolf life. But Law's health was important to you, and you'd just do the best you could to be by his side.

-

Amidst your sleep that night, you were awoken by Law gently laying you in bed - finally catching him in the act of moving you from the couch. Your head ached terribly, though, since your body was desperately trying to catch up on its sleep, and it made you whine in pain.

"Shh, shh," Law claimed his place beside you and pulled the covers over you both.

Habitually, you snuggled into his chest. His warmth and scent lured you back to sleep, finding protection in his presence alone. You could stay there cuddled into him forever.

Forever, however, seemed to only last until the next morning because when you woke up, Law was gone. You pouted at the empty spot beside you and buried yourself back under the covers. A part of you hoped that the shower would suddenly turn on, or the smell of food would waft in from the kitchen. But alas, he really wasn't there. Each time he left seemed to get harder and harder since the day you met him.