Tobio's New Friend (or Upperclassman)

Tobio and Karma had just entered middle school about a week or so before, and Tobio automatically wanted to join the volleyball team. After all, it was practically his favorite sport.

"Oh, hey! Iwaizumi, look! He has the same keychain as you." Someone grabbed Tobio's backpack, and he spun around, facing a brunette with a strange looking haircut, at least to him.

"Dude, don't go around grabbing people's backpacks randomly Oikawa, what are you, some kind of weirdo?" A taller dude with cactus looking hair walked over and rolled his eyes.

'The heck? Weird people.' Tobio thought.

"Sorry, sorry, you're a first year right? I'm Oikawa Toruu, the best setter in our volleyball team, and a second year." The brunette exclaimed proudly, before being whacked right in the gut by cactus head, as Tobio thought.

"Iwaizumi Hajime, apologies for the idiot here. Are you into volleyball too?" Iwaizumi asked.

"Yeah! Uhm, I was wondering if I could join-" Tobio began, but Oikawa immediately perked up again.

"Iwa-Chan, that hurt! And hmm...why not?"

"Let the kid finish Oikawa."

"Well there wasn't any point in the small talk!"

They continued to argue, dragging Tobio partially into it.

"Gee, you two act like a divorced couple, man." A voice said behind the two upperclassmen.

Karma had a smirk on his face, and was leaning over their shoulders.

"And I, for one, already hate your attitude." Oikawa stated.

"That's too bad, because you're talking to my twin. We share many things alike, y'know? Also, Tobio, I got your application in, and they said you could join the team~" Karma chuckled, moving towards his brother.

"As much as I want to punch you for doing that without telling me, I'm happy I got in, so you're spared for now." Tobio ruffled his brothers hair and pulled him down, and both of them laughed.

"Twin?" Iwaizumi and Oikawa's jaw practically dropped.

"Hah? You two aren't anything alike?" Oikawa asked, not hiding the rudeness and skepticism.

"And you've known us for like five mibutes, you don't get to say anything." Tobio rolled his eyes.

"How does one go from innocence to sass...." Iwaizumi mumbled, but nodded.

"Nice to meet you then!" Karma smiled. "And clubs are starting, so we should get going. See ya, divorced couple!"

"No!" Oikawa screamed.

Maybe they don't get along with Karma, but they do definitely treat Tobio fine, so they're not targets, for now.

========

Just had avocado toast, it was g o o d.