Chapter 6

The school day was completely fine up until it was lunch. I first went back to the dorm to feed Adira, before putting her down for a nap in the carrier and heading out to the cafeteria.

The room immediately goes silent once I enter, but I don't pay any mind to it. Going into the lunch line, I get some fries along with chicken tenders before going to find a seat. Everybody is still quiet and I see Lissa sitting with Aaron looking at me, although I didn't want to go sit there.

Making my decision, I go to sit next to Christian, who was sitting with this girl who looked young and had blonde curls framing her face in a corner. Once sitting down and setting the carrier next to me, I hold out my hand to the girl.

"Hi. I don't believe we have ever met. I'm Rose." I said, introducing myself.

She shakes my hand. "I'm Mia. It is no wonder you don't know me. I mean, I was never popular enough for you to notice me last year."

I wince slightly at the backhanded comment. "I'm really sorry that you felt that way. I'll admit, I was a pretty big bitch before I left. But I would like to start new."

"To be honest, I was a little harsh. But wow, it seems having a kid really did change you for the better. Her name is Adira, right?" Mia says.

"Yeah. I would let you see her, but she is taking a nap right now and I'm trying to get her adjusted to the nocturnal schedule."

"I understand." She says and we start making small talk, with Christian obviously joining in. Lunch only lasted twenty minutes usually but Mia and Christian had to leave five minutes early due to needing to feed.

So, for the last five minutes of lunch, I decided to go on the phone I bought on the run. However, it was cut short when I heard somebody sit in front of me. Looking up, I see that it was Lissa and Aaron.

Setting my phone down, I say, "What do you want?"

She says, "Well, I wanted to know why you decided to sit with Ozera and the traitor. There was a perfectly good seat right next to us."

I roll my eyes. "I'm not going to sit next to someone who thought that they could talk badly about my daughter. Just because you used to be my best friend does not give you the freedom to say anything against me or Adira."

"I saved you the night of the accident. Do not forget that. And Adira is going to take up all of your attention. You owe me." Lissa states.

"Fine. Then if I owe you, what do you want?" I exasperate, just trying to get done with this conversation.

She lets out a smile with glee. "I want the name of your baby daddy. Let's hear about who the 'lucky' man is."

I stand up and grab the carrier's handle. "How about no. I told you that it is none of your business so drop it."

Walking away from the conversation, I start to go to my next class, which is Pre-Calculus. The classroom was still pretty empty when I got there, save for a few people. I saw Mia sitting in the second row so I decided to sit next to her.

The rest of the day went without any issues as did the month. Training with Dimitri was the same–though there was some tension–, Adira had adjusted pretty well, Lissa kept trying to get Adira's fathers name out of me, and Christian and Mia were really great friends.

Today was the day of my Molnija ceremony. The school day was over already and I was trying to get ready. Guardian Petrov dropped off a set of guardian clothes, the traditional white shirt with a black blazer and black slacks. I put my hair up into a tight bun, exposing my neck. For Adira, I dressed her in black and white polka dot onesie to kind of match me.