Chapter 28

"Well, I know that I can visit people in their dreams and have the ability to control the surroundings. Like, when I dream walked with you, Rose, I was able to create the academy as a setting. I also know that after I dream walk, I tend to feel really...down I guess. It's hard to explain. I get really overwhelmed with different thoughts and feel almost crazy." Adrian explains.

"Have you ever been able to heal someone?" I ask, knowing that Lissa is able to as well as Vladimir.

He shook his head. "I've never tried. To be honest, being able to dream walk came naturally. It was almost as if it was any other element. In the beginning, I would accidently visit someone else's dreams but then I was able to control it. With healing, I've never really had anything to go by. I've never had an urge to heal someone or anything."

I turn to look at Christian. "Do you think that people with 'spirit' have different powers?"

"I don't know. You said that Lissa can heal and so can Vladimir. Two very different people from different time periods have the same power. It doesn't make sense. As far as you know, they couldn't dream walk, so what is the connection?" Christian responds and I think for a moment.

"Maybe there is none. But so far, we know two people that can heal. What if we try to teach Adrian to heal? If he can learn, then maybe healing is something universal to people with 'spirit.'"

Adrian speaks up. "How are you guys going to teach me how to heal? No offense, but you don't really have the expertise of knowing how to do it."

"We don't but Lissa does. I'll see if I can get her to help. Let's wait until after the trial though. She's probably stressing a lot over the fact that her brother may go to prison, so it might be more beneficial to wait until things calm down." I say and they both nod in agreement.

"So, what should we do now? I mean, we can't do anything without Lissa." Christian says.

"There's nothing we can do. I guess we should just continue reading the books until we leave for Moroi Court. So, that's in three days since it is Sunday." Walking towards the stack of books, I give Adrian and Christian each four books. "These are your books to read. I don't expect you guys to be able to finish all of them by the time we leave, but just in case."

Christian snorts. "I have nothing better to do. I'll probably be able to finish these."

"Same. Especially since I'm not drinking or smoking. I need something to distract me." Adrian adds on.

"Sounds good. We should probably get some lunch. I didn't eat much on the flight so I'm hungry." I get up and put an asleep Adira in the stroller before we make our way to the cafeteria.

Once grabbing our meals, we take a seat at our normal table. We were just chatting about something random when Mia walked over with her food and took a seat.

"You're back, Rose? Nobody told me that you would be arriving today." Mia says.

"I literally texted you yesterday that she would be coming back." Christian mentions but Mia waves him off.

"My phone crashed on me yesterday and I haven't gotten it fixed yet. So Rose, how was your trip?"

She was behaving weirdly. I know she was lying because she texted me when I was on the plane about getting her a souvenir. "It was fine. Russia is a beautiful place and I'm glad that I was able to explore. What about you, Mia? I've heard that you got a boyfriend."

She nods happily. "It's actually Jesse Zeklos. When you were gone, I got assigned a project with him and we actually get along really well. He's introduced me to some of his friends too and there's actually one guy that I think you will get along great with. I can introduce you to him if you want."