Chapter 8

Lissa was just walking into her dorm room with her family. They got situated before Eric began talking.

"So, Rose left because she found out she was pregnant?"

Lissa slightly shrugs her shoulder. "That's what I assumed. At the hospital after the accident, I think that maybe one of the doctors told her she was pregnant. As she mentioned, we don't have a good friendship anymore. She only came back a month ago and imagine my surprise that she had a baby with her."

Andre asks, "Where was the kid? I don't think I saw her in the cafeteria?"

"Most of the time, Adira, which is the daughter's name I believe, is with Rose. She goes to class with her and everything. There are occasions that somebody else will watch her, though I have no idea who it is."

"Well, what does she look like?" Rhea asks. Please do not mention the green eyes.

"Adira looks exactly like Rose. Her skin is tanned and her hair as dark as Rose's. Even her facial features resemble hers. The one feature that I think Adira got from her father is her jade eyes." Fuck.

"Are you absolutely sure the eyes are green?" Andre asks intently.

"Yeah. Literally everybody has been using it to figure out who the father is."

Eric is the next person to ask a question. "Nobody knows who the father is?"

She shakes her head. "No. She has really been tightlipped about it. If anybody knows, it would probably Guardian Petrov or even Guardian Belikov."

"Who is Guardian Belikov?" Rhea says, intrigued.

"He is this young guardian that was brought in a little over half a year ago. He is only twenty-four and is really skilled. Not only that, but he is hot. Quite a few girls, novice and Moroi, have a crush on him. He actually is the one that was able to bring Rose back to the academy. Guardian Belikov privately trains her in the morning and night because she was gone about a year." Lissa boasts, almost like she has a crush on him herself.

"Okay, well now lets hear about you. We can always go talk to Rose later, but for now, I want to know what has been going on in my daughter's life."

Shifting back into my mind, I see Dimitri with his hands on my shoulder, looking at me with a worried expression. "Are you alright? It was almost like you zoned out, but you wouldn't respond for a while."

I grab his hands from my shoulders and bring them to my lap, playing with his hands, debating whether or not I wanted to tell him the truth.

As if reading my thoughts, he says, "You know you can talk to me right? As your mentor."

"But that's the thing. What if I don't want to talk to you as my mentor? What if I want to talk to you as something more? And before you say it, I know we can't, but about friends?"

"Rose. The relationship we have is already passed mentor and student. I'll admit that. But it needs to stay as professional as it can be. If it will help, you can consider me a friend as I technically watch over Adira sometimes."

I nod before telling him. "I think I have some kind of bond with Lissa. From what I know about it, it seems like it is similar to the bond Vladimir had with Anna. I used to be able to feel her emotions and sometimes see things from her perspective as if I am her. It started right after the accident and I always assumed she did something, like she healed me or brought me back from dying. At the hospital, I wasn't injured that badly, which was strange seeing as how I remember being almost thrown out the car."