Chapter 29

The rest of the day passed by in a blur. During all my classes, I gave my teachers the classwork that I missed so that they would be able to grade them. Guardian Alto was surprised that I actually did my work but accepted it nonetheless. I've done nothing but shock him since I've been back so I would have assumed that he had gotten used to it.

It was nice to catch up with Eddie and Mason in class though. Apparently we had a test in Combat Techniques tomorrow which sucked but I had training with Dimitri tonight so hopefully he would be able to help me. We barely trained in Russia so I definitely need to work a little bit harder.

At lunch today, Mia didn't sit with us. It was only Christian, Mason, Adrian, Eddie, and Me. Trying to feed Adira, who was in the carrier, I fed her the bottle with my left hand while trying to eat my own meal with my right. I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to the dorm to feed her today so I pumped a bottle of milk for her. My gaze moves off of her when Jesse decides to take a seat at the table.

"Hey Rose. Glad you are back." He says smirking.

"Thanks. Shouldn't you be with your girlfriend?" I ask, looking back at Adira.

"Oh, are you jealous? You shouldn't be. I'll always have a place in my heart for you."

I scrunch my face in disgust. "Trust me, I would never be jealous of anything you do. Now, do you mind leaving? You are not wanted here." Jesse lets out a small growl before walking off to his table.

"He's so annoying. I have no idea what Mia sees in him." Christian says.

"Same." I agree.

------

That night, Adira was already asleep by the time of training. I placed her in the stroller before going to the gym, where Dimitri was already warming up. It looked like he was just stretching so I park the stroller by the bench before joining him on the floor.

"Hello Rose. How was your day?"

"It was good. Except for when Jesse decided to crash my lunch. Were you able to find the tape footage?" I ask, hoping that he found something.

He nods. "I was able to. You don't see much in the footage but you can tell that there was some hostile behavior from Andre."

"That's good, I guess. We should probably start training."

"Yeah, I heard that you have a test tomorrow in Combat." He says as he stands up. Dimitri offers me his hand and I take it, letting him pull me up.

Training goes without a hitch. He teaches me some new moves and explains what the Combat test will be on since I wasn't here when the teacher talked about it. It didn't sound like the test would be too difficult; it was mainly on defensive fighting.

After training was over, Dimitri and I were sitting on the floor and leaning against the wall. He handed me a water bottle from his bag before grabbing one of his own. Once we both drink some water and set down our bottles, I grab his hand and he laces our fingers together.

"How are you doing, Roza?"

I smile a little at the nickname and lay my head on his shoulder. "Alright, I guess. There's just so much going on. Mia's dating Jesse, who is like a notorious fuckboy here. Apparently he might only be dating her just to get into my pants. The trial is in four days. It's been two days since we got back and things are hard. I miss Russia."

"I never thought I would hear you say that. Hopefully after the trial, things will get better. Well, I don't know about the Zeklos situation, but at least you won't have to worry about Andre."

"That's true. Hey, after I graduate, can we go back to Russia? Not permanently, but like, for a visit." I ask, tilting my head to look up at him.

He thinks for a moment before nodding. "If we don't have anything to do, then yes. Now come one, we need to go back to our rooms."