Chapter 34

The next few days went by without any issues. On Saturday, it was the day of the dance. To be honest, with everything that has been going on, I forgot that the dance was coming up.

I was with my friends eating breakfast when Victor Dashkov came over. He looked even worse than when I saw him last time, his skin more pale and gray hairs more sporadic. Victor was holding a small box in the hand unoccupied by the cane.

"Hello, Rose. I just wanted to give you this as a belated birthday present." Victor says as he hands me the box.

I open the box to see a rose necklace. "Thank you, Victor. It is beautiful."

"It really was no problem. I thought that you could wear it tonight." He tell me and I nod in agreement.

"I definitely will. It matches my dress really well." I say and he walks away.

Christian looks at me. "Don't you find it a little weird that he gave you a present now? He saw you when you got back from Russia."

I shrug. "Yeah. To be honest, I've gotten weird vibes from him since I've gotten back from my year away. We will see though what happens."

------

That night, I get dressed in the black dress that Alberta got me. As I assumed, the dress fit perfectly and hugged all of my curves. After I put on all of my makeup, I picked up the necklace that Victor got me. Pulling my hair to the side, I clasp it behind my neck and let it fall to my chest. It really was a gorgeous necklace.

Getting Adira dressed in her sparkly black outfit, I pick her up and make my way to the gym, where the dance is being held. The gym was decorated nicely, balloons and props spread across the room. I immediately spot Christian, Lissa, and Andre in the corner and walk towards them.

"Hey. You all clean up nicely." I say.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself." Christian says.

"There are people already on the dance floor. Come on, Rose. We should go dance." Lissa tells me and I nod.

We danced for a while with everyone else. Mia and Jesse joined us halfway through and I tried to keep my distance from Jesse. He kept looking at me weirdly but I just ignored him and opted to dance with Christian while Lissa was dancing with Adrian.

"Hey, I'm going to go use the bathroom quickly." Lissa says once we are off the dance floor.

"Okay. Do you want me to come with you?" I ask.

She shakes her head. "I'll be fine."

She walks off to the restroom and I stay talking to Eddie and Mason. Christian and Adrian went to go get some drinks. About ten minutes later, I realize that Lissa is still not back and I start to worry. She could be just touching up her makeup but there is no harm in checking on her.

I hand Adira to Christian to watch before going to the bathroom. The first thing I noticed was that there was no one in there. The second thing I noticed was that Lissa's clutch was on the counter. Where the hell is she then?

Leaning against the wall, I close my eyes and open my mind to her. I register fear coming from her and start to panic. Taking a deep breath, I try to think of Lissa and wait a few seconds before opening my eyes. I see that she is in an car and once she turns her head, my blood goes cold. Victor Dashkov was sitting right beside her with an evil smile.

"Don't be scared, Vasilisa. I just need you for something." He says and I can feel that Vasilisa is trying to speak but her mouth must be covered.

I pull back from her mind and take off running from the bathroom towards the guardian's dorm. Pulling out my phone, I dial Christian's number.