Chapter 14: New York

They all walked up to the time machine, everyone except Natasha and Lily dressed in suits fit for the Quantum Realm and the missions that they had all been given. "Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends. We lost family. We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams. You know your missions. Get the stones. Get them back. One round-trip each. No mistakes... no do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. That doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives... and we're gonna win. Whatever it takes. Good luck."
"He's pretty good at that." Rocket said, looking up at Scott.
"Right?" Scott returned. Nat walked over and kissed Steve on the lips, their hands running through each other's hair, Lily hugged her dad's leg. He picked her up and kissed her too.
"Stay safe. Come home." Nat smiled at him, placing a hand on his cheek and staring into his baby blues, and he stared back into her emerald orbs.
"We will. I promise."
"I love you." She whispered in his ear, kissing his cheek.
"I love you too." He kissed her again, before she began to walk down the steps, Lily holding her hand.
"All right? You heard the man. Stroke those keys, Jolly Green." Tony called to Banner, who was standing beside Natasha, sorting out the time machine's controls.
"Trackers engaged." He called to the group. Clint opened his palm, looking at the tiny spaceship in its centre.
"You promise to bring that back in one piece, right?" Rocket asked the assassin, marginally nervously.
"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, I'll do my best." He smiled at the raccoon, nerves filling the pit of his stomach.
"As promises to, that was pretty lame." Rocket muttered, folding his arms across his chest. Banner stood with the group, ready to start. He slapped the controls on his wrist, starting it up. Natasha watching from the ground, chewing her fingernails.
"See you in a minute." Hailey smiled at her, as their masks grew over their faces, and they were sucked away.

————————————————————————————————————————————

They all flew through the Quantum Realm, flying through tunnels in time, splitting up as they reached their destinations.

————————————————————————————————————————————

New York, 2012...

The Chitauri rained down on New York from the giant, glowing, blue wormhole directly above what once was Stark Tower, flying down on the Leviathans, destroying the city. The Original 6 stood in a circle, amidst the havoc, preparing to fight.

Bruce, Tony, Steve, and Scott appeared in an alleyway, behind an upturned, destroyed car, removing their protective masks. "Alright, we all have our assignments." Steve said, as their suits disappeared due to the nanotech, revealing their hero getups. "2 Stones uptown, 1 Stone down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock." They all turned to face the Hulk, smashing Chitauri with vehicles and rubble, jumping up and down on the car he had just thrown, crushing the already Chitauri underneath it, before running off. Banner hid his face in embarrassment. Steve turned to him. "Maybe smash a few things along the way."
"I think it's gratuitous, but whatever." Banner replied reluctantly, tearing off his grey tank top as he moved away from the group as he made his over to his Stone. He tried to growl, making his pecks dance a little, trying to make himself seem threatening. He thumped a taxi, causing the roof to dent and the windows to smash, but it wasn't as effective as the original Hulk, there was no real effort put into it. He growled again, picking up a dust covered motorbike, and threw it away, flinching slightly as it collided with a pile of rubble, roaring.

Chitauri were flying towards Bleecker Street, being shot down by glowing orange magic. The Sorcerer Supreme effortlessly causing the Chitauri bikes to explode, the shrapnel killing the riders on board.