The Lull of Smoke

The scraggly girl silently slithered her way through the automobile repair shop, effortlessly dodging any eyes. After just a couple of moments, she was in a Honda Civic. Thankfully, the mechanic left the car door unlocked. Unfortunately, they took the keys to the desk.

That was no problem. She remembered the drill - literally. She snagged a power drill from the shop and got to work. Positioning the drill about two-thirds up the keyhole, she began to make her own key ignition slot. If she drilled just right, she'd be able to destroy the lock pins - allowing the ignition to be turned with a flathead screwdriver.

Her finger on the trigger, she pulled back and began to drill away. She would press and release the trigger sporadically to reduce the noise of the constant whir of a drill. She would do this repeatedly and rhythmically in order to keep the drill sound to a minimum.

In between the shrill of the drill, she couldn't help but hear an overlapping of voices. Crouching in the foot space of the passenger side's seat, she would pause and slightly raise her head to look at the group around the desk across the shop.

"Listen man, unless you can show me you actually own this car, I gotta call the cops!"

There was a large man who was obviously the mechanic - wearing a dark blue coverall stained with various car fluids. A bandana covered his lower face for warmth, making it hard to recognize him. Then there were three people in front of the mechanic's desk - a tall man, a teenage girl, and a teenage boy.

Athena wanted to believe it. Athena wanted nothing more to know that she didn't kill her fellow Jedi by sending Vader after them. She wanted nothing more to be with them in the Ghost.

The tall man even had a ponytail from what she could see. The two teenagers were about the right height too - but hats covered their hair.

She stared for much longer than she should have, but she didn't care. She wanted her little family back.

Then, a flash of teal. On the wrist of the man trying to convince the mechanic they were not thieves, a bright flash of teal. The mechanic seemed to freeze.

"You...aren't from here, are you?" the mechanic questioned in what seemed to be disbelief and denial.

The man with the glowing bracelet seemed to pull down a scarf to explain something, and the mechanic stumbled back - gripping the shelves behind him as he stumbled.

The man hardly whispered, but Athena managed to hear. The mechanic pulled down his bandana to reveal a familiar face as he mumbled "C- Caleb...?"

Athena stood too fast and crashed her head against the car roof. The thump alongside her cry of pain alerted the others to her presence. They all turned towards the thieving girl.

There they were - like a group of phantoms. Ghosts of dead Jedi. Ezra, Kanan, Rae...heck her father was somehow there now! It had to be fake. It has to be some kind of trick from Abeloth.

She ran. She dropped her tools, grabbed her backpack, and sprinted out of the car and the shop.

"What the hell?!" the man who looked eerily similar to Kanan shouted in disbelief. "Now I got a kid stealing my cars?!"

"Athena!" Kanan was wide-eyed. He put no thought into chasing after the girl out and down the street.

Ezra and Rae shared a shocked expression before turning to the mechanic in distress.

"You're Onthant Solarburn, right?" Ezra awkwardly asked.

"Yes! Who are you?" he questioned.

"I'm your son's Padawan," Ezra shrugged.