A Christmas Gift

"Three...two...one!" an echo of thousands of voices rang.

Boom!

BANG!

Athena's ears rang as she gripped the sides of her head. The explosions rocked her entire soul. She could feel the explosions move right through her body, leaving it in shreds and shards. Those explosions were all too similar to the ones they had on Lola Sayu during combat training.

Destruction. Nothing but war around her.

Pop!

Fizzle!

That didn't sound like a bomb. Bombs don't fizzle.

A sharp whistle ripped through the air and exploded into a pop and sparkle.

She carefully opened her eyes. Bright colors filled the sky, shining off of the clouds of smoke surrounding them, before fizzling away to be replaced by other colorful explosions.

Fireworks.

There was a building with a dome-shaped top not too far from these explosions. A green and white building with a tall metal pole sticking from the top.

A large piece of bent metal framed this image. Glinting with the flashing lights from the fireworks, Athena could see the thin metal structure bending in the shape of an arch.

The floor fell from beneath her feet and she soon began to plummet. Her eyes looked down to see a giant stream of water. She took a deep breath in and let the river consume her with little resistance. Not even a flinch.

And it was dark again.

Too dark.

The shadows in the water smiled at her as she floated in the center of the murky waters.

Then - nothing.

Athena groaned and mumbled something under her breath as she turned in the rickety bed, feeling the threads of the sheets swaddle her rather than murky river water. She grabbed ahold of the sheets and tried to bury herself further, back into sleep, but it was to no use. She was awake and that was that.

She turned to face the back of the little couch and TV, making out five figures gathered around it. Rae and Ezra sat on the couch, Kanan leaned on the arm of the couch, and Onthant pulled up a stool to sit on. Athena eyed the group as she kept quiet, observing them in silence.

"So you're telling me that kid really chopped an Inquisitor's foot off?" Onthant chuckled.

"Yeah, she apparently used her ring of lava to do it," Kanan said.

Ezra nodded towards Kanan, "And your other kid here actually killed the Grand Inquisitor during one fight."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, it's also when I got this scar," Ezra pointed to the left side of his face. "But we survived!"

"That was when you guys broke me out of Imperial custody," Kanan said. He turned to look at Athena, and the girl quickly shut her eyes to appear sleeping. "I got out after only a couple of weeks and they never even got me to Mustafar. Her...they had for much longer."

"It's...amazing she escaped," Onthant let out a deep sigh. "The Imperials wanted her more than anything even when she was a baby. I can't imagine it was easy for her to get out."

"Their Project Harvester is recruiting more and more children by the day," Rae stated with remorse. "They're trying to build an Inquisitor army from what I imagine."

"They wouldn't need an army if they just had her alone," Kanan said, turning back to the group. "Kid could probably kill all of us in an instant if she ever decided. She's strong."