Family Roadtrip!

Athena sat on the rusty red fire escape staircase, a cigarette between her fingers. She was about to look for a lighter in her bag when she remembered her powers. With a couple of snaps on her fingers, she was able to manifest a small flame on her thumb. She lit the end of the cigarette and put her lips around the little orange and white stick.

After a couple of puffs, she looked up as she heard a man above complain. "Hey, smoke somewhere else! That shit stinks!"

"F*ck off man!" Athena sneered as she looked up to see a man in a window a floor above her; he had stuck his head over the ledge to investigate the smell. "Mind ya business! I'm outdoors!"

"What's ya name?" the man questioned. "You look twelve!"

"Athena! What's yours?" she questioned.

"Ezekiel," the man replied.

"F*ck you, Ezekiel!"Athena shouted. "That name sucks!"

"Where's your mother, little girl?!" he questioned.

"Don't know, but I f*cked yours last night!" she retaliated.

Kanan looked to his sister from across the apartment as he woke up from the noise. He raised his eyebrows as he witnessed the conversation. Onthant woke up as well, groaning as he sat up in his bed just beyond the window.

"Don't you bring my mother into this!" the guy shouted down at the girl.

"I'll do it again, b*tch!" she said, taking another puff from her cigarette.

"Wanna say that to my face, little girl?" he dared.

"I'll say it to ya mother's face while she's sucking-" her insult was interrupted. She yelped as she felt a hand grab her shoulder from the window by her side.

"Get back in here," Kanan ordered, gesturing back into the apartment with his angry thumb.

"Ey, Onthant! Who is this little b*tch?" the neighbor angrily questioned.

Kanan was pretty irked at that term being used to describe his little sister. He stepped out of the window and stood on the stairs next to Athena. He glared at the man, "Hey, mind your business. You don't want trouble with us."

"Onthant?! How the f*ck did you unage like twenty years?!" the neighbor questioned, completely flabbergasted.

"F*ck off, Ezekiel!" Onthant joined the siblings out on the fire escape. He looked up to his neighbor.

"The hell?!" the neighbor yelled. "Why you got a twin who's better lookin' than you?"

"They my kids, buddy!" Onthant angrily pointed at his neighbor. "And call my daughter that word again and we'll have a big problem!"

"Yeah!" Athena stood up next to her father.

The upstairs neighbor rolled his eyes and disappeared back into his apartment.

Kanan crossed his arms and glared down at his sister. "Why do you need to cause problems with the neighborhood?"

"Aw, she ain't causing no problems. Ezekiel is just like that." a woman's voice spoke.

The three were a little startled by the new voice, turning to the source of the sound. In the window just to the right of Onthant's, sat a woman with a coffee mug in her hands. She seemed a little tired yet amused.

"Hey, Marge," Onthant gave an apathetic wave. He didn't seem to like this neighbor either.

"So, these your kids?" she chuckled as she brought the cup to her mouth, taking a sip.