Chapter 11 Memories

In the early morning, the forest surrounding the Hyun Family House was quiet as the creatures stirred gently from their night of restful slumber. The laziness of every morning was apparent in the air as even the squirrels were stretching languidly in the trees.

Surprisingly, despite such a lazy morning, cute giggles could be heard in the master bedroom. They drifted and clung onto the air, filling it with a vitality that was slowly being woken around them.

And the reason for those giggles?

Hyun Bin's hair.

The man was surprisingly a heavy sleeper when given the chance to sleep in. That was why he felt nothing when the children had woken up early and brought out their collection of rubber bands ranging from normal, solid colours to crazy, glittery multi-coloured bands.

Ye Jin had woken then when she heard giggling in their master bedroom, only to clap her hand over her mouth when she saw their little munchkins tying her husband's hair in their attempt at braids and ponytails.

"Eomma, shhhh." Eun Ae placed a finger to her lip before she proceeded to clip a My Little Pony onto her father's hair.

"Are you going to use this too?" Ye Jin picked up a Pinky Pie clip from the box

"Ne, give it to Ki Rai, eomma!" Eun Ae pointed at her little sister.

Laughing, Ye Jin handed the clip to Ki Rai and lifted their youngest onto the bed. Waving the clip in the air, Ki Rai soon figured out what to do with it when Eun Ae had clipped another character into their father's hair. Sloppily placed, the Pinky Pie clip now joined the numerous additions scattered around Hyun Bin's hair.

"Eun Ae, how do you do braids again?" Jeong Eun asked.

"I'll show you, Oppa." Eun Ae spoke sweetly.

Just like that, the siblings got to work adding another set of braids to their father's hair. Minutes later, there were a variety of braids and ponytails sticking out of Hyun Bin's hair. Ye Jin couldn't help but burst out in laughter then, considering her husband was starting to look like those tiny, colourful, perpetually happy creatures who defined song and dance from the movie Trolls.

"Appa's hair is so silky and smooth, eomma." Eun Ae's eyes were wide with amazement.

"It is, sweetheart. I'm sure appa appreciates the makeover you gave him too." Ye Jin jested.

"Pretty appa!" Ki Rai clapped excitedly.

"That's right, baby." Ye Jin cooed before she picked up her phone from the table. "Quick, gather round. Let's take a photo!"

More giggling ensued as Hyun Bin's new hairstylists positioned themselves for the family wefie. Just as they were about to take a second one, Hyun Bin finally woke up as he peered sleepily at his surroundings.