Chapter 13 Koala Baby

"That's right, Ki Rai. You've got it!" Ye Jin clapped happily when their little one finally got the hang of holding her own utensils.

Ki Rai was now slurping on some pumpkin soup and was surprisingly proficient in delivering the spoon straight to her mouth. Occasionally, their little one would make a mess of her mouth, but Hyun Bin would quickly intervene with a cloth to wipe her down.

That morning, the couple was joyous over Ki Rai's newest accomplishment despite how clumsy her first few attempts were. Eun Ae and Jeong Eun were ecstatic for their little sister, mirroring their parents' joy when Ki Rai first succeeded.

As for their little one, she was simply giggling. She didn't know why everyone's attention was on her, but it made her happy that something as simple as drinking soup from a spoon made everyone smile. The family's smiles only drove the little one to scoop up another spoonful of pumpkin soup, causing their smiles to widen.

Minutes later, Ki Rai was eyeing her father mischievously as though she was up to no good. Her lips were pressed tightly together as her eyes darted over to study her parents before a soft piak caught her favourite family member's attention.

From the corner of the room, a blur of white flashed under the table as the family's fur baby eagerly scrambled to catch the chicken nugget on the floor

From the corner of the room, a blur of white flashed under the table as the family's fur baby eagerly scrambled to catch the chicken nugget on the floor. A few seconds later, another one fell on Mina's head, causing the little puppy to shake her head in confusion before she yipped appreciatively at the treat. More fell soon after until Ye Jin narrowed her eyes when she suspected something.

That was why when Ki Rai picked up another chicken nugget, Ye Jin stopped her. "That's enough nuggets for you today, sweetie. Let's get you washed up." She cooed, lifting her happy baby into her arms.

The Maltese on the floor whined when she had no more nuggets to eat but followed Ki Rai and Ye Jin out of the dining hall.

The rest of the morning progressed uneventfully. Hyun Bin drove their eldest two to work since Ye Jin was staying at home for Halabeoji's checkup and would head over to VAST after. Hyun Bin told her that she didn't have to stress too much about being at her meeting, but Ye Jin was insistent on showing up. So, the man parted with his wife, reminding her to take it easy since he could handle anything at work.

For the most part, everything seems okay with the Hyun Family for the time being. Halabeoji's checkup went well, and the family doctor left without adding any more supplements to what their old man had to take currently. Ye Jin worried about how lethargic Halabeoji has been, but the doctor had assured her that there was nothing too dire about his condition.

It was Ki Rai that wasn't feeling the best that day.

After preparing for work, Ye Jin walked down the stairs in her trench coat, only to see Ki Rai at the base of the staircase hugging a picture frame against her chest. Her lips were set in a deep pout and their little one looked as though she was about to cry when she saw her mother.