5 ✔

The Power of a Team.

~*~

Reagan's POV:

I swear I'm the most active in my family, but there are times where your locker is just too far away and these are one of those times.

I got to my locker after a lot of complaining and got out my gym bag, heading to the gym. Once I walked in the smell of basketballs and the sound of sneakers welcomed me. Ahh… I love this place. The amount of players that came during my absence made me hurry to the locker room.

Walking into the girls locker room out of breath I saw all of my team changing. I went straight to my locker and opened it up.

25-12-17

"Hey captain!" Mary, a teammate, yelled.

"Hey Mary. Ready for drills?" I asked.

"Am I ever ready?" she said laughed.

I laughed and shook my head. I saw Jodie walk in. "Hey Jodes, you changing in here today?" I asked.

"Yeah. I don't like changing with the girls. Plus there are some of us in here." she said shrugging.

"I couldn't wait to get here though. I wanted you to see my uniform." she smiled.

"Well great, get dressed." I said smirking.

I grabbed my sports bra and spandex and changed into those. Then I grabbed my jersey and yanked it on. I pulled up my shorts and tucked my jersey inside of them, then I tied them off. I put on my black Nike socks and put on my basketball shoes.

Before walking out of the locker room, Jodie showed me her uniform. It was the usual dance tank and spandex. But I still loved it. I'm so proud of her even though we fight. A lot.

Finally, I walked out of the locker room tying up my hair. I skitted my shoes on the gym floor and grabbed a ball. I walked onto the girls side and started shooting. Making all ten three pointers, I sighed looking around. I saw Asher talking to Coach Gonzalez, the boys coach. I smiled, looks like he's going to be here for a while. He finished talking and ran over.

"Hey Cassie, Coach told me to come watch you guys." he said.

"Why?" I said cocking an eyebrow.

"The boys are learning brand new plays and you guys are just doing warm ups. He also said to talk to the captain. Do you know where she is?" he asked looking around.

"You're looking at her." I said smirking.

His blue eyes widened in curiosity, "Seriously?"

I nodded, "And yeah you can watch just don't get in the girls way."

He nodded and went to sit on the bleachers.

Coach Gates blew the whistle and I ran to baseline.

"Okay girls, today were going to condition. Reagan get up here!" she yelled.

I ran up.

"Decide what they're doing. I'm going to go draw some plays. And make sure that Asher kid doesn't get in the way." she said and I nodded.

"Okay girls first lets do some suicides. Let's go with 10. Whoever's last is going to have to do two more! Asher get your butt over here you're doing them with us!" I yelled.

His eyes widened as we got to baseline.

"Go!" I yelled and we started running.

Baseline- free throw- baseline- half- baseline- free throw- baseline- baseline.

We did that 5 times and a freshman was last, as per usual.

"Jasmine! Baseline!" I yelled.

She sighed, but got into position.

"Go!" I yelled. She ran the two suicides as the team watched.

Once she was done I said "Okay let's do some free throws and we're done for the day. 25 each person. Split into groups."

We all separated and I was with Mary, Jasmine, Karina, Jamie, and Janice. We all did our free throws and the girls went to the locker room since I dismissed them.

Jodie came back inside and waited with me since we were going to the same place. I dismissed everyone else, including Asher, and walked into the locker room with Jodie.

I grabbed my stuff changing my shoes to my Nike Sandals and walked to Cassie's car with Jodes. I didn't even bother with changing. Cassie was waiting with Chelsea, a fellow cheerleader, talking about some cheer routine.

"Hey Reagan. Jodie. I didn't know you were on the basketball team." Chelsea said looking at my uniform.

I nodded, "I'm captain."

"Wow, you must be really good then." she said impressed.

"Well Jodes is awesome too. She's a freshman and trying out for captain on the dance team." I said. Chelsea looked shocked.

"Wow! Impressive. I wish I could do that. I love cheer, but that would be pretty awesome." she sighed.

"Actually, I'm captain. I made it." Jodie said cheering.

"Really! Awesome Jodes." I said smiling and giving her a hug.

"Well we better go. Bye Chelsea." Cassie said and we all said our goodbyes and left.

We got home and I finally went to my room. I closed the door and groaned, finally I can sleep.
Mom I'm going to go to sleep early. I thought.

Okay sweetie. Do your homework and eat something later. She replied.

Okay.

I walked to my dresser and pulled out a sports bra and changed into a sweatshirt, well Collin's sweatshirt.

Ah…much better.

I took my hair out of the pony tail and left it down. Looking into the mirror above my dresser, I took in my ice blue eyes and curly hair and nodded.

What? I have to see what everyone else saw today.

I walked to my bed and got under the warm covers. I can say that today, I went to sleep with a smile on my face.

~*~

Hey peoples. Finished another revision. Be proud. I hope you read this. :)

Don't ask why this was on my playlist, but that was what I listened to during the revision.

Vote, Comment

Elle me dit: Mika.

Grace x