12 ✔

The Power of a Dad.

~*~

Reagan's POV:

I walked upstairs with everyone in tow. Anger surged through my veins as I looked through the closet for the hanger.

"Here." Collin whispered and pulled the fourth hanger down.

I rolled my eyes, "If you already know where it was, why didn't you do that earlier?"

"Becau-" He started but stopped when I rose my hand.

"It was rhetorical." I glared and looked into the darkness.

There was a curved metal stairway leading down to who knows what.

Oh wait, Collin and Cassie do.

I rolled my eyes and started down the stairs. My shoes clunking on the metal. Asher grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. I looked over to him and saw he had a small smile on his face.

I gave him a questionable glance and he just shrugged.

Okay then.

We walked down the stairs with the everyone close behind. Every step we took a fire was lit. The decent was a truly wonderful one. Finally we made it to the bottom. The room was so beautiful.

"This is so beautiful." Leslie said in awe.

I just nodded in shock, unable to speak.

There was a very grand area with couches and tables. The walls were filled with various books and there was a large staircase leading to seven doors. There were two doors, one on each side of the staircase.

"How does this even fit in this old house?" River asked.

I shrugged, "I don't know, ask Cassie."

River rolled his eyes, "Let's just find that note."

We walked around and looked at the tables. Shouldn't it just be out? I saw a folded piece of paper sitting on the staircase.

"Found it." I said grabbing the note off the staircase.

I grabbed the note and unfolded it. Dad's scribbled handwriting. I smiled and started to read out loud.

Hey kids.

I see you found your mothers note. Man I have good genes. So you know why your here. If you forgot in that amount of time I'm here to remind you. You're here to train and beat the bad guys!

I laughed. Only dad.

There are a bunch of rooms in this place and you'll soon find out what they are for. Each of you kids has a bedroom in this little hide away. It matches your necklace. Now for Leslie, River, and now Asher you guys have the orange, purple, and yellow rooms. Leslie you get purple. River, yellow. And Asher, Orange.