Garrett Henningsen:

Does he hate me? I can't help but wonder. Just because Cassia got cheated on by her first boyfriend, doesn't mean that she deserves more of Max's attention than I do. She was supposed to be helping me. She was setting me and Max up. In fact, she only came to the park with me for moral support -supporting me. Yet somehow she ruined everything.

The entire time, Max was talking to her. When I asked him to go to the movies with me, he invited her. Even when he went silent, he was thinking about her. When he was on his phone texting, he was texting about her.

All I ever do is obsess over him. I just want to date him. I want to be more than friends, I want his hand intertwined with mine instead of Cassia's. Even as a joke, she still gets his attention. I never got it. I never get it.

I just want him.

But he doesn't want me.

He wants her.

I stopped on my walk home as it hit me like a truck. I might as well have been walking into traffic because my thoughts were as strong as a car crush. Max likes Cassia. And if I don't confess soon and make him realize who he should really love, Cassia will fall for Max too.

"Shit!" I say out loud. It's almost silent cursing and I feel so much rage that I don't care how loud I am. "Fuck this!" I yell to the sky. "My forever crush is in love with my best friend! And I have to win his heart before she falls for him too! What Hallmark movie am I in?!" I scream to the gods.

"What the fuck have you done to my life?"

I honestly don't care that Cassia's heartbroken, or whatever she is. I only care that my crush and the person who was supposed to be my boyfriend is not in love with me. I have to fix this.

"I have to confess my feelings."