[8]

–––––——————–– BIANA AMBERLY VACKER frowned down at her phone, the last thirteen messages she had sent to Tam Song displayed across the screen. All of them had been read, but there was no reply.

He was really mad at her.

Sighing, Biana put it down on the table and reached into her white tote bag, pulling out a sparkly silver binder. She fished out a black fountain pen from the depths of her pencil case and started on the homework that was going to be due today.

"Hey."

Looking up from the paper, Biana's concentrated eyes softened upon seeing one of her friends. "Maruca. Hi," she grinned half-heartedly. "What brings you to the library?"

Maruca held up a Shakespeare book, her manicured nails tapping against the cover. "My english teacher wants us to read Romeo and Juliet," she said with a roll of her eyes.

"That sounds like a lot of fun," Biana commented drily as her friend sat down in the empty seat in front of her.

"What about you?"

Biana gestured to the paper in front of her with a sigh. "History is right after Lunch, and I haven't quite finished the World War One report that's due today." Suddenly remembering something, she scribbled it onto the lined paper.

"Why don't you do it at lunch then?"

Suddenly smiling shyly, Biana answered, "Because I'm going to Lunch with Nik. It's the first step we're taking to get to know each other."

Maruca grinned teasingly and wiggled her eyebrows at Biana. "Ooh, yeah. Then definitely do it now and not at Lunch. Make sure to tell me how it goes with Nik!"

"Oh, I will." Biana beamed, then turned her attention back to the history report.

Noticing this, Maruca made a face. "History sounds better than Romeo and Juliet," Maruca said. Then, her eyes landed on someone behind Biana. "Have fun with that, Bi." And she left.

Sighing once more, Biana ran a hand through her medium-length brown hair. She set back to work on her report, grumbling something under her breath every once in a while about how men in history were stupid.

Ten minutes before the bell, Biana filed her papers back into the binder and shoved it and her pencil case back into the tote bag. Standing up from her seat, she exited the library in a hurry.

"Why were you running down the hall?" Dex inquired, his periwinkle blue eyes staring deep into Biana's own teal ones.

Biana pulled her lips into a frustrated smile. "I thought I was going to be late. But, no, I just ran here for nothing."

"Where's your phone?" Sophie asked, coming up behind Dex, who screamed and jumped a few good inches into the air.

Frowning, Biana put her hand into her tote bag and groped around for her phone, only to come up empty-handed. "I don't know, actually," she admitted, pursing her lips.

"Biana doesn't know something? What a shocker."

The brunette shot a glare towards her brother. "I hate you." Was all she said. But then Fitz handed her a cup of coffee, and she internally forgave him.

Breathing in the soothing smell of the coffee, relief washed over her. Everything would be just fine. Biana took a tentative sip of her coffee, wincing as it burnt the tip of her tongue. "It's hot," she complained.