[32]

On Sunday October 20th...

–––––——————–– BIANA PULLED A random hoodie over her cropped red tank and ripped denim shorts, and then walked into the foyer of her house.

Fitz greeted her with a small wave. His eyes lingered on her outfit, and he frowned. "Hey, whose hoodie is that?"

She glanced down for a minute, eyeing the logo of a rock band she didn't know the name of. "Tam," Biana answered simply, though she could feel the heat rising to her cheeks.

Her brother gave her a pointed look. "Are you seriously going to go through all that shit again? Glimmer's back in town. She still hates you— why, I have no fucking clue, but you can't ignore the fact that she does. And she still has her eye on Tam. Isn't it enough that you went through hell and back once already? Why do you want to do it again?"

And though she knew Fitz was only trying to help her, Biana shook her head stubbornly. "It's not like that," she protested. "I have a boyfriend. A boyfriend that's not Tam. A boyfriend that I'm on my way to meet. And don't talk to me about Glimmer. You don't know everything that happened three years ago. Just... don't." Her teal eyes landed on Fitz's hurt face, and her anger almost crumbled. But she couldn't forget the sharp stinging of pain in her chest at the memories he had brought up. "I'm gonna go." She grasped her car keys and walked out of the house.

As Biana stepped into her car, a tear trickled down her cheek. Sighing, she rested her head against the headrest and pressed her lips together tightly to keep from crying. Why had Fitz brought that up? He knew how much it had affected her. Knew how much she had cried over that fateful night. Knew how much sleep and how many friends she'd lost because of it all. And he'd brought it up in casual conversation— just because Biana had been wearing Tam's hoodie.

It was stupid.

Just so fucking stupid.

Biana hated it.

Sniffling, she wiped the few tears from her cheeks and rummaged for her phone. She was meeting Nik for coffee; she couldn't afford to look like a crying disaster. Biana tapped on the bright green icon for Spotify and clicked on her 'vibez™️' playlist. She connected Apple Carplay and then put her car in reverse.

The first song to play was The Way I Loved You (Taylor's Version). A small grin flitted onto Biana's face as she began to sing along. "He is sensible and so incredible, and all my single friends are jealous!"

Her mind flashed to Nik and the way he had slid into her DMs— and the way Maruca had freaked out over him. She thought about the adorable way he had asked to make their relationship official, with the red roses, even though it had turned into a little bit of a disaster. Nik really was an incredible guy.

Lost in her thoughts, Biana missed the next few lines but jumped back into the groove at; "And he says, 'You look beautiful tonight', and I feel perfectly fine."