Chapter 45: Catch

A/N: Below is an old author's note that I didn't take it out as I'm re-publishing this chapter because it reminds me of my journey writing this book.

Old A/N: I have a ninety-year-old grandmother. She has gotten to the point where she needs a caregiver but has lived such an independent life until now that the reality is hard for her to accept. We have a close connection, so with part of my summer off, I've been traveling to spend a few days with her each week. 

It's hard for me to write and edit while I'm here because I'm constantly helping her with stuff, or like today, accompanying her to a doctor's appointment. When I do have some time to myself, sometimes I'm just drained. I'll sit down to edit a chapter but get nothing done. 

My point: I wish I could upload more often and regularly. I would be slightly frustrated waiting around for updates. I completely appreciate your patience.

I think I ranted long enough. I'm honestly debating whether to even keep this note; I feel odd writing so much especially since it's personal. 

*****

Molly and Nick had been in Cartersville just weeks ago, but after Molly's mother's subtle requests, they came up again for the weekend. The four of them had arrived at the house late Friday night and let themselves in. It was only Saturday morning when they saw Molly's family.

Still under her warm covers, Molly stretched. It took her a second to realize she was back in her old bedroom; she blinked a few times while sitting up. In realization, she sighed and fell back on her pillow.

Tossing to her side, she looked at the window and saw sunlight coming through the shades. After having a week of nonstop rain in RedTop, excitement rolled her out of bed. She pulled the blinds completely up, unlocked the latch, and pushed the glass open. Cool air rushed in, but all she felt was the sun. Finally, she thought.

She gathered her hair up in a pony and continued to the bathroom to wash up. When she tried returning to her room to get dressed, Shay stopped her.

Her sister came into the hallway calling Molly's name, sounding shocked.

"Hey, Shay."

"Why did mom tell me that you and Nick are dating?"

Molly felt stuck in her tracks. "I've been meaning to tell-"

"What?" Shay sounded hurt. "Are you serious? How could you not tell me?" she asked with wide eyes. "I'm your sister."

Molly rubbed her neck in discomfort. "It's not like that..." she started but then stopped. "You're right, Shay. I'm really sorry."

Shay folded her arms. "You should be. Just because you move away doesn't mean that you should forget about me. I don't forget about you."

Molly felt horrible. Holding her arms out, she walked over to her sister. She gave Shay a bear hug but got nothing in return.

"I'm really sorry I didn't tell you. I was just so weird at first, but now it's so good." She shook her sister in her arms. "I'll tell you everything now, though. I can tell you how he kissed me. How I was asking for it. Everything you want to hear."

"Everything?"

"Everything."

Shay pulled back. "I want to spend time with you. Alone. We never talk anymore."

"Okay. You're right."

"Today."

Molly nodded her head. "Okay."