IT COULD'VE BEEN AVOIDED, REALLY!

Mistral

Gravity Falls, Oregon - October 31, 2012 - ????

Gravity Falls, Oregon was small. Smaller than Piedmont. Mistral stared out the window with awe, amazed that such a place could exist. She bet that everybody knew everybody here.

"Probably." Rose looked over her shoulder as they drove past 'Greasy's Diner'. "I'm pretty sure that's how these places work."

Mistral turned away from the window to look at her friend. "Have you ever been in a town this size, Rose?"

"Yup." The redhead nodded. "I've had to travel a few times for work."

"TV work?" Mistral tilted her head. "I can see why you'd have to travel for that."

"...nah, one of my other jobs." Rose looked up at the ceiling of the vehicle. "...I dunno, I can't think with all this going on."

"You have other jobs??" Mistral stared at her. "How many?"

Rose shrugged again. "All the jobs, I guess."

"um...." Napstablook interjected from their place just kinda floating above the seat behind Mistral. "how do you...... keep up with so many jobs....... what...."

"Willpower." Rose's answer was quick, as though she'd been ready for that. Which... she probably had been.

"W-Well, our, um, friend Sans...?" Alphys spoke up hesitantly. "H-He works lots of jobs... it's not u-unheard of."

"Works???" Undyne spoke out. "Alphys, I love you, but come on."

Alphys laughed nervously. "I guess you're... right about that."

"Working hard runs in the family." Felix interjected from the front seat. He hesitated, looking at Rose for a second. She didn't seem to notice his gaze. "I have two jobs I'm very devoted to, although one of them is more of a side gig."

Rose nodded, supplementing Felix's statement. A bit of a lull fell over those in the vehicle, broken by Ray.

"Looks like we're coming up on the Shack now." Mistral looked out the window again, seeing that they were on a dirt road traveling through trees. "The other members of the Zodiac should already be there. Most of them were already in town."

"I-I still don't really understand what this Zodiac is." Alphys spoke nervously, as was typical for her.

"From what I can gather, it's specific people long since prophesized to bring down Bill through a specific magical method." Felix's voice was calm and focused as he explained. "It failed once before, but we have another shot at it now."

"That's where the rest of us come in, right?" Mistral grinned, concentrating her SOUL energy on summoning a bright yellow revolver. Since figuring out how to tap into her SOUL, she'd been experimenting with summoning different weapons. "We'll use our magic to distract the demons so they can't stop the Zodiac!"

There was an uproar in the car as it swerved. Ray turned around in his seat to stare down Mistral spinning a revolver on her finger. "Mistral! I know you just learned magic and it's very exciting, but no guns in my minivan!"

"Dad! I wasn't going to-"

"Mistral..."

She knew that tone in her father's voice. She sighed and let the gun vanish.

Most of the humans hadn't been able to pick up magic so quickly. She'd found that her monster SOUL, the part of her that was Mettaton, gave her a huuuge advantage. Mistral had been able to tap into the magic she could remember Mettaton being able to use and trying to do it for herself. To her delight, she'd been able to put her own unique spin on everything. The part she wanted to work the most on was her weaponing summoning. Mettaton always summoned a chainsaw, but she didn't have any idea what sort of weapon she wanted to settle on.