THOSE COWARDS WILL NEVER MATCH MY MIGHT

Mistral

The Lab - December 1, 2012 - 2:22 AM

The lab was silent to an uncomfortable degree, only broken by the murmurs of The Resistance checking to see if everyone was alright. Everyone was, since Mistral had done her job. The Resistance, not that they deserved it, was welcome.

"Mistral?"

She turned. Rose was standing behind her, head tilted.

"So it looks like the plan worked," Rose started. "But just a heads up, they're all... pretty suspicious."

"Of course." Mistral sighed. That had not gone perfectly, and honestly she might've been suspicious herself if she wasn't in on it. "Well, bring it on."

"Are you sure you should be taking all this on yourself?" Rose put a hand on Mistral's shoulder. "I mean, you're pretty young. And still grieving."

"I'm the only one who can, Rose." Mistral bit her lip. She would've thought Rose of all people could understand. "Besides, Frisk and my cousins are pretty much the same age as me, and they've already done way more."

"You're right." Rose said after hesitating for a moment. "Just know that you do have support."

Mistral nodded, but before she could say anything more, Ford was trying to get everyone's attention. She braced herself.

"Alright." He started, nodding sharply. "It looks like we all made it out unharmed. That being said, the plan was a failure."

There were murmurs of dissent from around the big main room.

"So, we need to figure out where to go from here." Ford continued, looking thoughtful. "And discern what Lightning was referring to when-"

"Now, Stanford," Toriel cut across him. "Everyone has just been through a lot. I believe we should allow time for rest before continuing. It would be best for everyone."

"Well, I- I mean-" Ford stammered. "But-"

"No buts." Toriel shushed him. "We all need rest. That includes you, young man."

"Young man!?" Ford tried to protest, but Toriel was already walking away. Mistral couldn't help but smile as Ford turned back to the Resistance, flabbergasted. "Well, you all heard her. We'll reconvene later."

So Mistral had time to figure out what she would do next. Fantastic. That wasn't even sarcastic. She could get rest and work out all the little problems.

Mistral was intending to stay awake for a while so she could think it through, but she was more tired than she thought. As soon as she got near her- Metta's- bed, she fell right asleep.

The Lab - December 1, 2012 - 9:16 AM

Mistral shot up straight quickly as soon as her brain came into focus. She'd had a dreamless sleep, thankfully, but now she could feel Bill's presence. His angry presence.

HELLO, LIGHTNING STAR.

"Hey, Bill," she whispered with a sigh. What is it now?

SOMETHING'S CHANGED IN MY LIGHTNING BOLT. HE BETRAYED ME. ME!!! NO ONE DOES THAT!!!

Maybe he got sick of you ordering him around. Mistral rolled her eyes. She was not here for Bill's tantrum. I know I would.

WHAT DID YOU DO? A sharp accusatory feeling came through into Mistral's mind. She flinched.

I didn't do anything! She regained her composure quickly. He still won't answer me.

HOW ARE YOU DOING THIS?!