MY YOUNG PROTEGE MAKES HIS MARK!

Lightning Bolt

California - November 15, 2012 - 1:14 PM

To be entirely honest, he was still getting used to it. Submitting. Doing exactly as instructed without question. He wasn't very good at that. But he knew that if he didn't...

Lightning had an inkling of another time, one where he'd been free. One where he'd strong-willed and admired. But that may as well have been another life. Despite the short amount of time he'd been Bill's, trying to remember anything from before was futile. Funny he had the ability (Sorta, he was working on it.) to turn the sky green in the blink of an eye, but couldn't do anything inside his own head.

Chaos was interesting, the way it worked. It couldn't be controlled. Once it entered a vessel, it worked internally to either drive the vessel insane or kill them. The stronger the vessel, the longer they lasted. Lightning was constantly having to hold it in in order to keep it from completely destroying what was left of him.

This was what made it such a difficult and dangerous magic to use. It meant letting the power out without it overcoming you. You could do almost anything with it. It manipulated the very laws of the universe, and didn't always do what you wanted it to.

"ACTUAL CONTROL WILL COME WITH PRACTICE, LIGHTNING BOLT." Bill explained to the synthetic. "IF YA WANT TO BE EFFECTIVE, THEN YOU'VE GOTTA USE THE POWER ENOUGH, LEARN HOW TO USE IT."

"I still don't understand why you can't just train me." Lightning looked at his floating pyramid master. "It seems safer than just seeing what happens on the field."

"OH, BUT IT'S FAR MORE FUN!!!" Bill laughed, but his eye narrowed as he looked into Lightning's own. "YOU'LL DO IT, IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU."

"Never said I wouldn't, sir." Lightning kept his tone perfectly level.

"GOOD." The demon chuckled. "IT WOULD BE PRETTY UNFORTUNATE IF YA MESSED SOMETHING LIKE THIS UP!"

"It certainly would." Lightning Bolt narrowed his eyes. It was time to get shit done. Without another word to his demonic master, Lightning dispatched himself in the direction of his target. He supposed this might be enjoyable. His first kill had been a shock. He'd been all dizzy for quite a while afterwards. But in hindsight, the death of that strangely familiar man had been rather exhilarating. Which was unfortunate, because that meant Cipher was right.

There was nothing left to do now but embrace his role as an agent of chaos. All he had to do was ensure the death of one person. An informant for the Resistance, a clever monster science nerd named Alphys Saurapati. She'd made a bold move and set up a makeshift refuge camp that was fairly out in the open, basically BEGGING to be attacked.

That wasn't all, though. With the help of someone called 'Sixer' (who Bill apparently knew personally), Alphys was using her monster talents and putting real research into how to end Weirdmageddon. Lightning didn't even need his Master to tell him how dangerous this was. Something in his instincts set off alarm bells at the notion that she of all people would be attempting it. Human knowledge wasn't enough. Take her out, and the threat would be greatly diminished.

Thankfully, Lightning knew who to look for. Apparently, Alphys the scientist was the very same as the yellow dinosaur girl that had called him that strange name, called him... he couldn't remember. It wasn't important. He had to focus on looking out for the refuge, Alphys, and the tough warrior woman who was surely with her. And he had to figure out how to actually get the chaos magic to do what his Master expected of him.

He had his work cut out for him.

Lightning Bolt landed on the ground outside of a small building that resembled a lab. He wondered how difficult it had been to build such a thing... and how long it had taken. Lightning had no concept of time anymore. His brain was too loud to pay attention to something like that, especially when it was meaningless in Master's world.