I GET TO HURT LIGHTNING BOLT

Mettaton

The Fearamid - October 10, 2012 - 11:46 AM

"WELL, LITTLE LIGHTNING BOLT, THAT WAS CERTAINLY FUN!"

Bill floated back into what he called the Fearamid. If he could grin, he would've been grinning a wide one at Mettaton just then. Mettaton was standing a little distance away from a group of Bill's demons. A couple of them were eyeing him up, and he REALLY didn't like it. It was creeping him out.

He didn't answer Bill. He didn't know how he was supposed to respond to that. A completely insane, evil demon had taken over the world and it was Mettaton's fault. All his.

The chaos in his head didn't help much. As soon as the apocalypse had begun, things had gotten... loud. It was like the worst headache ever combined with nails scraping on a chalkboard and the sight of an unorganized desk.

Bill laughed. "BY THE WAY, GUYS, THIS IS LIGHTNING BOLT! HE'S THE ONE WE CAN THANK FOR ALL OF THIS!" The demons shrieked and hooted in excitement. Mettaton felt sick. With himself or with the demons, he wasn't sure.

"AND LIGHTNING BOLT, THESE ARE MY HENCHMANIACS!" Henchmaniacs. He had to admit, it was a clever name. He waved awkwardly at the Henchmaniacs, not sure what he should do here. He didn't think it wise to ignore the introduction, they could take it as an insult and, well... some of them were the stuff of Mettaton's nightmares.

They only found this more amusing and got even more excited. Mettaton wasn't sure if it was a blessing or a curse that Bill caught his attention again before anything else could occur.

"INTRODUCTIONS ASIDE, YOU AND I NEED TO HAVE A LITTLE CHAT." On the word 'chat', Bill snapped his fingers and he and Mettaton were alone and in a dimly lit room rather like a holding cell. 

"I don't really have anything to say to you, Cipher." Mettaton turned away and glared at the wall. 

"BUT I NEED TO DECIDE WHAT TO DO WITH YOU!" Bill floated in front of Mettaton, making it clear that Mettaton had to look at him. "SEE, I WAS JUST GOING TO KILL YOU... BUT WHERE'S THE FUN IN THAT?"

"You could always let me go," Mettaton suggested. He could hide away somewhere until this was over... no one would ever have to know it was him... A cowardly solution, but whoever said Mettaton was brave?

"NO, I DON'T THINK SO..." Bill's eye widened excitedly as a thought came to him. "THERE'S AN IDEA!" He paused without saying his idea, looking at Mettaton pointedly.

Mettaton crossed his arms, refusing to give Bill the satisfaction of asking what the idea was.

"...I COULD MAKE YOU MY PUPPET!" Bill looked mildly annoyed at how uncooperative Mettaton was being, which gave Mettaton some satisfaction. 

"You already did, Bill." 

"BUT I COULD MAKE YOU A PROPER PUPPET!" Bill's eye flickered with ideas and symbols. "MY LIGHTNING BOLT! YOU COULD BE... MY RIGHT HAND MAN!"

"I'm not interested in being of any further aid to you." 

"OH, THIS ISN'T A CHOICE KINDA THING!" Bill laughed. "THIS IS  HAPPENING."

Mettaton shook his head. "No, because I'm not going to do a thing you say." It seemed like the chaos in his head intensified right at that moment, and he winced a little.

"WE HAVE A DEAL, REMEMBER, KID?" Not only did Bill Cipher's voice reach Mettaton's ears, it cut right through the chaos straight into his mind. 

"I gave you all this, what more could you want?" Mettaton had assumed the deal had ended the moment he'd given Bill his apocalypse.

"YOU, OF COURSE!" He floated closer. "YOU SHOULD REALLY BE MORE CAREFUL WHEN DEALING WITH A DEMON!"

Mettaton stiffened. He'd promised to give Bill whatever he wanted... oh god... no...

"I gave up my very SOUL... Didn't I." It wasn't a question. Mettaton knew it was true. He couldn't refuse Bill anything, not without breaking the deal...

But he would still fight. Bill couldn't make him do anything. He couldn't.

"OH, LIGHTNING BOLT..." Bill sighed. "I DIDN'T WANT TO HAVE TO DO THIS, BUTCHA LEAVE ME NO CHOICE!" 

He looked even more excited, with a wickedness to his expression. He floated back an inch and pointed one clawed hand at the floor. "ON YOUR KNEES."

"Wha- No!" Mettaton took a step back. He stared Bill right in the eye and attempted to convey the way he would NEVER in a million years do anything Bill said, much less go down in pathetic submission. The chaos grew louder as Bill stared him down right back. You could almost feel the tension in the room.

It quickly became too much for Mettaton and he dropped his gaze. Bill chuckled as the robot lowered himself to the floor, head bowed in shame.

"SO, LIGHTNING BOLT!" Bill's tone was cheerful and triumphant. "YOU ARE GOING TO DO WHAT I SAY. YOU KNOW WHY?"

"Enlighten me."

"BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T... WELL." Mettaton started to feel a sharp tingling, right in his SOUL. Another side effect of the deal...?

"THERE'LL HAVE TO BE... CONSEQUENCES!"

On the word consequences, the tingling turned into a sharp pain that spread through his entire body. He screamed. That hurt... so damn much... The synthetic collapsed, unable to hold himself up. Through the dizzying sensations, he heard Bill laughing. Oh god.

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND...?" Bill floated down to Mettaton's shaking form, reaching out a hand and lifting Mettaton's chin so that he had to look at him. Mettaton saw the contempt, the triumph, the sheer enjoyment in Bill's eye. It... scared him. He found himself unable to answer Bill, whether out of pain or out of fear.

"I SAID..." Bill's grip tightened. "DO YOU UNDERSTAND??" The demon's voice raised in volume. His hand burned, it hurt, everything hurt, please just make it stop...

Mettaton struggled to make his voice work. "Y... yes..." He forced it out.

The pain subsided and Bill released his grip, allowing Mettaton to collapse back onto the floor. For a moment, Mettaton could see a flicker of disappointment. He guessed that Bill had hoped to have an excuse to torture him for longer.

"THINK THAT OVER, WILL YA? I'LL BE BACK LATER."

Bill snapped his fingers and blue glowing chains sprung from the walls, wrapping themselves around Mettaton's wrists tightly. Bill Cipher could be heard laughing as he disappeared, leaving the synthetic alone in the dark room.

Mettaton quivered, shocked, terrified, humiliated. How had everything gone all wrong...?

He curled into a ball and let himself succumb to the darkness and the chaos.