I'VE FINALLY WON

Metta

The Fearamid - December 8, 2012 - 1:36 PM

"W-What...?" Metta barely managed to get the word out. He was so... he felt... what was...

"KILL HIM!" Bill repeated, almost chipper this time.

"N-No!" Metta finally found his voice, and it was to talk back. Fantastic, Metta. That won't make anything worse. "P-Please, I'll do anything but that."

"YOU SAID YOU'D DO ANYTHING, KID!" Bill put his hands up in a gesture almost like a shrug. His eye narrowed. "DON'T GO BACKING OUT NOW."

Metta flinched, understanding the insinuation. He turned to look at Felix, biting his lip. What should he do...? He couldn't kill.... not Felix... but if he didn't...

To his utter surprise, Felix, once he made sure Metta was actually looking at him, slowly, surely, nodded.

He nodded.

Felix wanted him to do it.

Why...?

Metta couldn't understand.

Why...?

Felix stepped closer to Metta, who squeezed his eyes shut and hardened his resolve. He had to do it now, or else he might lose his nerve completely. When he opened them, Felix was giving him a comforting smile.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, resting a hand on Felix's throat, but not doing anything else yet.

"It's not your fault," Felix whispered back, before looking past him to Bill, speaking louder with true hatred. "It's his."

"DO IT." Bill prompted, delight in his voice.

Metta felt coldness wash over his body as he tightened down, and lifted. The worst part was the eye contact. For some reason, Felix's eyes were still so loving towards him until the end. Then they were nothing. Metta still didn't understand. He fell to his knees and cradled his dead friend. He could feel tears coming out of his eyes, but it was like there was a disconnect between his mind and his body. All he could think is that it wasn't fair. He'd almost had something like a parent again, and it was taken from him. No... he'd taken it. But he wasn't the only one to blame.

He still felt that disconnect as he stood up, and turned to face his cruel, laughing Master. It was like it was someone else entirely that wiped away his tears, and swore never to let this happen to anyone ever again.

"This ends. Now."

"WHAT...?" Bill was actually taken aback. "YOU JUST KILLED THE ONLY MAN IN THE WORLD WHO ACTUALLY BELIEVED IN YOU, AND NOW YOU CHOOSE TO REBEL? OH, LIGHTNING BOLT... THAT WOULD BE VERY UNWISE."

"I don't care." Metta suddenly could feel the chaos flowing through him as he rose into the air. It felt like a warmth washing away the cold. "Felix deserved better. They all deserve better."

"OH, BUT YOU DON'T." Bill watched him with interest. "YOU'VE BECOME MORE LIKE ME EVERY DAY. JUST LOOK AT YOUR POWER!"

"I know." Metta raised his arm and sent a blast of chaos at Bill. "If I can save them... if I can make things better for the world... then maybe I'll earn forgiveness. But you never will."

"KEEP TELLING YOURSELF THAT, KID!" Bill deflected Metta's power right back at him. Metta just absorbed it. He was becoming angrier by the minute. He almost felt the way he had when he'd first Awakened this power. And he just let it happen.

He could feel his power warring with Bill's. But Bill was struggling. The room grew brighter and brighter with Metta's light. Sparks flew off him, and he let out an anguished yell. He would make Bill leave. Leave and never come back.

His power exploded. He could feel Bill's panic. He didn't understand why, but he was actually winning. Maybe it was because he was fighting for all the Felixes out there, all those who were good and kind and were forced to suffer. And Metta could do something to protect them. He had to.

The Fearamid crumbled around them as Bill was pushed out of the very dimension bit by bit. Metta floated in the centre of his own raging chaos, a manifestation of his own grief and anger. He could barely hear Bill's words now.

"NO!!!" The anger cut through, knocking Metta back. "NO, YOU CAN'T... YOU SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO... DO YOU THINK THEY'LL ALL ACCEPT YOU AFTER THIS? THEY'LL PUT YOU DOWN, THE WAY YOU DESERVE TO BE! OR YOU'LL LIVE ALONE, KNOWING YOU'LL NEVER BE LOVED AGAIN!"

"You're wrong." Metta's voice echoed, a strange calmness in his SOUL. "I fight for all of them. I can feel their HOPEs riding on me."

It was true. The chaos was being powered less and less by grief, and more and more by... HOPE. Love. Dreams. A better future. Metta could almost see it.

"YOU'RE DELUSIONAL." Bill was fading even faster now. Metta was in awe of himself. "BUT FINE... I'LL SHOW YOU A SMALL MERCY.... YACED!!!"

As Bill's form was ripped away from Metta's world, a bolt of evil chaos came from his finger and straight into Metta's SOUL. He cried out, losing his control. In one last explosion, he fell, down and down, with what remained of the Fearamid. His robot body got all scratched up in the falling rubble and debris. Determined, he crawled over to Felix's lifeless body, putting up a shield around them. He wouldn't let Felix's body be destroyed. The man deserved so much better.

His consciousness was fading. Whatever Bill had done, it was ripping Metta apart from the inside out. But... that wasn't so bad. At least he would die knowing the world... would be better off...