Used

Mettaton

Gravity Falls, Oregon - October 10, 2012 - 10:05 AM

Light flitted in through the trees while the sun came up high in the sky. Mettaton loved the sun... it was a kindred spirit. Bright and beautiful. He wished he had time to admire it, but he had to find Bill's clearing. So he could go home. And all of this could be over. He definitely did not want to spend too much time in the creepy Gravity Falls woods.

OVER THERE! Bill's voice sounded genuinely excited, he must've really wanted whatever he was about to get Mettaton to do.

The robot stepped towards the clearing. It was empty except for a gray statue that looked just like... Bill?

What's this about?

LONG STORY, KID. WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR IT. Bill said impatiently. NOW LISTEN CLOSELY... I NEED YOU TO DO EXACTLY AS I SAY. AND I MEAN EXACTLY. CAN YOU DO THAT, LIGHTNING BOLT?

Mettaton nodded hesitantly. He didn't like being told what to do, but...

GOOD. Bill sounded satisfied. THE FIRST THING YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO DRAW A CIRCLE ON THE GROUND. MAKE SURE THE STATUE IS IN THE MIDDLE.

Mettaton felt around for a pen, before realizing a pen wouldn't really cut it in this situation. Instead he activated a laser beam in his finger tip, and aimed it at the ground. It made a mark, and, satisfied, Mettaton carefully and precisely drew a circle with the laser.

WONDERFULLY PRECISE, KID! Mettaton dipped his head in acknowledgement of the compliment. IT ALSO NEEDS SOME LINES RUNNING THROUGH IT. FOLLOW MY GUIDANCE...

Mettaton's vision placed down the lines in the correct places. He carefully made each one, slowly and steadily.

There was an impressed hum from Bill, and Mettaton smiled.

NOW THERE'S AN EQUATION... IT HAS TO PLACED IN THE CENTER. RIGHT NEXT TO ME.

An equation came into Mettaton's mind, he had no idea where it had come from. Apparently... Mistral had given it to him? Strange.

He pulled out a crumpled piece of paper and a pink pen from his storage compartment and carefully copied down the equation. Upon finishing it with a satisfied swirl of ink, he walked to the center of his circle and placed it on the ground next to the statue.

What next?

SHAKE MY HAND AND REPEAT AFTER ME.

Like I did when we made our deal?

YES!

Mettaton placed his hand into the outstretched arm of Bill Cipher's stony likeness.

EERF YLLANIF EB DNA, NOMED, NEKAWA, DEKOTS ERA SEMALF EHT, DEKOVNI LTOLOXA.

Mettaton stumbled through the words, feeling a tingling in his SOUL. It got easier the more words he said, thankfully, and at the end was almost natural. He didn't understand what it meant, but then, he didn't need to.

When the last word was uttered, there was a loud sound and everything seemed to change. The sky opened up. It was like some sort of... rift, something to another dimension. Creatures began pouring out of it.

Mettaton tried to pull his hand away from the statue, but he found he... couldn't. His hand and Bill's had lit on similar fire to the time they'd made a deal. The statue was starting to turn yellow. The colour spread throughout the whole thing until eventually it was no longer a statue, but Bill Cipher, real in the world in front of him, eye wide and ecstatic.

"GOOD WORK, KID!" Bill Cipher's voice came into Mettaton's head as well as his ears. "YOU WERE THE PERFECT PAWN!"

"...Pawn...?" Mettaton gritted his teeth, pulling his hand out of Bill's grip. "You mean..."

"I USED YOU? OF COURSE!" Bill Cipher laughed, seeming to find great amusement in this. "I HAD TO ACHIEVE MY GOALS SOMEHOW, AND I WASN'T EXACTLY IN A POSITION TO DO IT MYSELF, NOW WAS I?"

"And what WERE your goals," Mettaton asked as he crossed his arms. He couldn't believe it. Nobody USED Mettaton Blook! "What have I been used to achieve."

"WELL, Y'SEE, THE PLACE I'M FROM AIN'T EXACTLY STABLE!" Bill floated around the clearing, enjoying his freedom. "IT'S NOT FUN TO BE A TWO-DIMENSIONAL BEING, KID. SO, I THOUGHT I'D MAKE THIS PLACE MY NEW REALITY!"

"That's crazy!"

"OF COURSE IT IS! YOUR POINT?"

Mettaton's jaw dropped.

He'd REALLY messed up this time.