Princess story

I write late into the night.

Sam gets into bed beside me, "what are you writing?"
"A princess story I made up on the spot earlier."
"Why?"
"Well, I met this woman who was supposed to be princess Belle, and she said I looked like a princess and so she told this young boy about six or maybe seven that I was a princess, and the young boy and his father came over. His father asked me to pretend to be a princess, because he wanted to make his son happy because his son only has a few months to live. Charlie, the young boy, asked me what my princesses story was, her name is princess day, and I came up with in on the spot but he absolutely adored it and then we took pictures and so I decided to write a whole book, and when I had it published, I would send the first copy to Charlie and his father."
"Do you have their address?"
"Yes. Do think I should send it to them via mail, or deliver it to them personally?"
"Well... I think it would be more special if you did it personally."
"I think you're right. I only have a few chapters so far. Would you like to have a read?"
"Sure."

He makes sure it's saved and starts reading.

He seems to only read a few pages.

"So far, that's incredible!"
"Thank you, dear, do you really mean it?"
"Yes! And no, I'm not just saying that because I'm your husband, I really mean it!"

I kiss his cheek, "thank you dear."
"You're welcome. Now, I think we should get to sleep!"
"I am getting quite tired."
"Okay then. Make sure that's saved, and we'll go to sleep, yeah?"
"Yeah."

I click the save button about ten times before turning the laptop off, and putting it on charge.

I put it on the bed side table and turn the lamp off.

I cuddle against Sam and soon fall asleep....

I'm sat in a cafe, and my drink finally arrives. I've been waiting for over an hour now. They served a lot of people before me and I ordered before most of them.

"Merci."

The waiter nods and walks away.

The only french I know is thank you and hello. And that is it.

I had finished the book two weeks ago and published it three days ago and made sure the very first copy was delivered to Charlie and his father. I gave the first copy to his father, and I gave Charlie the very first draft, printed out onto paper.

He was so excited when I came and handed him the draft.

I was extremely upset when he left. He decided he'd be buried with the copy I gave him. I went to his funeral, and after, his father had told me how happy he had been after meeting me. And when he got the copy, he'd read it over and over again and never get bored.

I had dedicated the book to my family and Charlie. My family for supporting me in writing it, and Charlie for being the one who asked what my story was when he thought I was a princess at Disney Land. And I also dedicated it to his father, for allowing me to meet such a wonderful young man.

The book actually became quite popular, all over the world.

We were still in Disney Land, and whenever I went out wearing my favourite dress that I wore when I first met Charlie, I got mistaken as one of the princesses.

Though, day isn't a Disney princess, because it's not a Disney princess story, and I highly doubt Disney would want a story like that counting as a Disney story.

My phone rings, "hello, is this Damien J. Callas?"
"Yes."
"And you wrote, Spiders in the Well, correct?"
"Yes."
"Well, we would like to make an animated Disney film of your book!"
"Uh..."
"And then Day will be a Disney princess!"
"I am not walking around Disney parks dressed like a princess."
"You don't have to! We'll have others do that!"
"Okay."
"So! I'll send for you tomorrow and we can work on the details. As it's your book, you're the director. I'll be Co-Director, okay?"
"Okay."
"Good! Thank you!"

The phone call ends...

Well... they made a film. I got to voice princess day, of course, so that was fun.

And I have seventy percent of the rights to the film. Disney own thirty percent.

So, it's technically a Disney film, but It mostly belongs to me. I own Most Rights to the film, and all rights to the book.

The film is actually pretty amazing...

I feel sick.

These guys dragged me into an alley and beat me up and... and did things... to me...

After gods knows how long, they finally left me alone, but I feel so sick. I've thrown up a lot.

I pick up my clothes and get dressed.

I stumble out of the alleyway and see the men getting put into the back of police cars.

One of the police walks up to me, "you okay? We got a call saying that something was going on here and came just as these lot we're leaving the alleyway."

I love french accents.

"Um... I... I think I'll just go back to the hotel... I feel a bit sick..."
"Are you Sure? I think we should take you to the hospital. You don't seem very shaken by this, just bothered that you feel sick."
"I'm used to it by now..."
"Used to what?"
"Getting used like that...  it happens no matter what I'm wearing."
"I think we should go to the hospital."
"You make me get into one of those cars and I will throw up in the back seat. Cars are too fast for me in my current state, so I am walking back to the hotel. I will get over it, have a good day."
"Uh..."
"There's no arguing with me, so don't bother."
"Okay then. Um... have a nice day?"
"You too."

I begin walking and head back to the hotel...