Chapter 8 - Afternoon

"Thank you, Mr.Vihokratana. I will call your assistant and fix a time when you are free" Kao forced to tear his eyes away from Pete and moved towards his seat.

"Give me your phone." Pete stretched his hand. He typed a number and gave a call. Kao could hear a phone ringing on the ivory table. "I have entered my number. You can call me directly. And I am free tomorrow afternoon. Call me when you reach here. 1'o' clock sharp."

He could imagine Off's face when he tells him to postpone the meeting with the Japanese clients scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

"Don't share my number with anyone. It is my private number. And, Mr. Thitipoom, this better be worth my time."

                                                **********************

It was a quarter to one. Pete had been fidgeting and looking at his phone for the last half an hour. 

When he saw Kao outside Off's office the previous day, he was sure the guy had come to ask for more money. If there was one thing Pete detested more than people who took advantage of his wealth, were those who did that and then acted upright in front of others. He was also furious when Off told him what had transpired at the meeting after he left. The audacity of the guy to push his father to apologize.

He was looking forward to curtly snubbing any favors that Kao might ask as he told Off to call him back. 

But, he didn't expect Kao to ask what he did. He felt a lightning flash in his brain.  Thankfully, he quickly composed himself, searching his befuddled mind for a wise-ass remark, although he froze when the Kao turned and stared at him. Thus the yes.

Thus the yes. He murmured again as if to convince himself. He was just curious about what Kao had up his sleeve. That's why he agreed to go. Curiosity. Nothing else. Nothing more. And today, wherever Kao was going to take him, whatever Kao was going to show him, he was not going to give him the pleasure to feel happy about it. He will make sure of that. 

He felt a tinge of satisfaction imagining Kao looking abashed. He was smirking condescendingly at the thought when his phone rang.

Kao looked in awe at Pete walking towards him. Flanked by bodyguards, he looked majestic walking through the wide hallway in the royal blue suit. The man was breathtakingly handsome, but it was not just the looks that made the heads turn; it was also the way he carried himself. 

Like he owned the entire place; which he literally did in this part of the world, Kao thought wryly.

Standing in his distressed jeans, pink t-shirt, and a cross bag across his shoulder, Kao and Pete couldn't look more fitting for an image of polar opposites.

"Let's go, Mr. Thitippom?"

"Kao, please call me Kao."

"Ok, Kao, Max will travel with us while the others will follow in two cars behind us," Pete swept his hand across his bodyguards.

"They...They are all coming?" Kao stuttered.

"My head of security is already upset that he doesn't know beforehand where we are going. He will choke if I don't take them along. So, can we?"

Pete gestured towards a black Bentley parked in front of them. Two black cars with tinted windows stood behind the Bentley. His bodyguards ran and opened the doors of the car for their boss.

The car, the entourage, Kao was already having second thoughts.

"Sir, where to?" The driver asked politely.

Kao said the name of the place. Max gaped in horror in the front seat.