Games

My mouth gaped and my widened eyes blinked in shock.

"This is an agent of some kind." Tony whispered.

"Definitely." I whispered back.

Clint turned back to us, an arm around the woman. "Gentlemen, this is Laura."

The dark haired brunette offered a small wave, smiling.

"I know all of your names." She said with a chuckle.

The sound of footsteps drew our attention and soon a pair of kids barged into the room, the girl running straight into the archer's arms.

"Dad!"

I blinked, stupefied.

Dad? Dad?!

"These are smaller agents." Tony uttered, disbelieving.

"Mhmm." I nodded vigorously.

Sometime during the flight, I'd fallen asleep, exhausted at having used my ability on a larger scale than I was used to. When I woke up, the sun was rising on the next day and we had landed in a large farm, a single cozy looking house built in the middle of all the greenery.

I had yawned, stretching, as I silently followed the team, assuming that it was one of those secret bases or something of the sort shown in movies.

I was wrong. It was Clint's house. And he had a wife. And children. Said wife was also pregnant.

I never realized that the archer had a family of his own, mostly because he was a former agent and I thought he never had the time to settle down, but also because it was kind of hard to imagine him as a father with his playful tendencies and youthful nature.

Well damn, I was bad at making assumptions.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat?" I heard a tiny voice ask.

Auntie... Nat?

"Why don't you hug her and find out?"

I faced Natasha in shock as she moved from beside me, picking the girl up in an embrace.

I peeked up at Steve. "I think we may have missed a few chapters."

He ignored me. "Sorry for barging in on you."

"Yeah, we would have called ahead, but we were busy having no idea that you existed." Tony stated exactly what I was thinking.

A bit more bluntly though, as was his trademark.

"Yeah well, Fury helped me set this up when I joined." Clint smiled. "He kept it off SHIELD's files. I'd like to keep it that way."

So obviously Natasha knew, cos they were besties. And seems like we have earned that trust too.

Ah, I could almost tear up.

"I figure it's a good place to lay low."

Crunch.

Eh?

I turned back as Thor stepped to the side, eyes downcast. Following his gaze, I saw a broken toy beneath his foot that he quickly swept under the couch. Seeing my baffled expression, he offered an awkward smile, stiffening as the girl approached us.

She didn't look happy.

Those must've been hers.

Thor quietly escaped, followed by Steve. And I watched them go, fretting at the fact that he left me to deal with the kid.