Chapter 18: What a surprise?

“Adam its morning now, we should head home. You can come with me. You do not look good and I cannot just leave you be like that, next thing we know you will be their captive again, and I shall not let that happen” I said ending any arguments there could ever be, but he did not look like he had the strength to argue anyways.

Adam was looking at me but he did not seem to be seeing me. The shock was still consuming his face.

“Don’t worry about me Ash, I think I will be fine on my own”

“Sorry man! I cannot leave you on your own, so whatever you say I am still going to take you with me, even if I have to use my strength to do so and if I were you Adam I would not argue for you do not look like you have the strength to fight.”

He looked to the ground assessing what I just said “Well if so then I would like to go to my house, there are things that I need to refer to”

“Ok then, I am driving”

“Thanks Ash”

“No need your highness” I said sarcastically but the sarcasm was a bit out of place, my joke wasleft hanging in still air with no laughter to follow.

The drive was only twenty minutes yet it felt like eons with all the deathly silence that accompanied. It was like walking in an abandoned grave yard on a dark still night. I was worried and needed to know what happened to Adam when they summoned him. I knew that they were using magic to do so, but how strong was it.

The last assault they launched on us was long ago that we have forgotten their existence, but clearly they have not forgotten ours, for we are the reason they are trapped in an intermediate time zone. They shall not leave it least they finish us off. It was their fate for the crimes they committed against mankind.

Their fate was harsher than one can imagine but well deserved; it is like being trapped in an urn for eternity waiting for their punishment from the gods.

When we arrive at Adam’s house I parked the car but noticed that he was still lost in his thoughts, but by the time I cut off the car engine Adam was gone. I thought he went to his house but was worried he ran and left me but when I listen closely I hear his movement, he was opening the apartment door, but he  did not close it. I guess waiting for me.

Within seconds I was upstairs. I saw him stretched out on his couch, staring out the window and knew we were in in for an extremely quiet day.

I sat on the adjacent couch admiring the decor for what seemed like two hours then I started trying to converse with him.

“Adam; are you ok?” I asked hear no response but he nodded and his eyes told me that he was not in for any talks now. He seemed zoned out and needed time for himself.

“Glad you are ok, if you need anything just let me know, I am not going anywhere” He responded with another nod.

I sat up and turned on the television, news seem to be boring there was nothing much going on, but just before I changed the channel I noticed one of the headlines was about a massive train accident and the one of the governmental authorities was talking how it is extremely unnatural and that this was the fourth accident this month on in the same area.

The official went on saying “This time 90 people were killed and their bodies were burned through the fire. But the train’s crash does not seem normal especially how the train landed on the third track not the second. It is as if the train was hit by a massive invisible force but…”

The official’s speech was cut short; but looking at the pictures of the location I could see what he was talking about. It seemed impossible. Could that be a power force recently activated? What could that mean?