Chapter 7: My Family

I closed the door behind me as I entered my room, I was simply Happy! For a first date it really went well. I walk to my mirror and started staring at my reflection. It was true that happiness makes people look a lot better than they usually do. I could see myself clearly now, I felt beautiful and knew I am. I moved away from my mirror and turned around to face my bed, it was a single bed small but big enough for me to sleep comfortably. My bed sheet was covered in Mickey Mouse, it was cute but childish. I liked to feel childish at times, so I bounced on my bed trying to think about my date and analyze it…

I heard my voice utter in my head “Screw analyzing Jules… you had a good time, right?”

Well I was right; I had a good day. I will just let myself be happy! I will not waste my life analyzing; I would rather live it…

I took a look around the room, on the other side my sister’s bed was located adjacent to the wardrobe. We shared the room. Her bed was made but it had a few folded blouses on top of it. I guess she did her washing today; I probably should get around to doing mine.

I got off my bed and walked to my hanger were my short white night gown was hanging, I slowly stripped of my cloth gazing at myself in the mirror to see if I gained any weight. I was slim but not skinny, I liked that I did not want to be skinny. But I think I should lose a couple of kilos anyways.

Taking my cloth I slipped my night gown on; then I went to put them in the wash room. I did not need to put on the lights it was my house and I knew by heart that the washing basket was on the right wall adjacent to the washing machine. So I threw my cloth in the dark and by the sound of their land I was able to determine that they landed in the right spot. I then walked back to my room and heard a knock on the door.

Knock, knock

“Come in!”

“Hey! Julie so tell me how did it go before Mum finishes with the pan cakes and asks for our presence” Lexie said then chuckled, I smiled back at her then told her everything from the moment I left the house till the moment I was climbing the stairs…

“Sounds like you had a good time girl!” she said

“Yes I did! So tell me how are things with Eric? Did you hear from him?”

She looked extremely down at mention of the subject, “Well..”

“Well… What? Don’t tell me he hasn’t checked on you” I said

“He hasn’t but we have class tomorrow in the centre, I will see how it goes! I do miss him but lately he has been such a jerk and there are those annoying girls going around him” Lexie was not happy at all, I really I wish I could help her. But I could not any more as I was not with her in school. I worried that my interference would cause more problems, and she is such a delicate person.

Then I heard my mother’s voice coming from the Kitchen

“Come on Girls! The pan cakes are ready”

***

I was driving like a mad person wondering what I will be having for dinner tonight…