Chapter 19: Her highness is back

Adam's head

***

I was astonished to see her I missed her a lot but after all that she has done I could not bare looking at her face. My wife and companion in ruling throughout my human life was her, Nefer, my beautiful Nefer. I made her more powerful than any ruling lady in her time.

There has never been a Lady in the history of KMT, the black fertile land, who shared the power and authority of pharaoh with him. There has been lady pharaohs like the Great Hatshepsut but that was only because there was no other royal blood heir capable of ruling and she had to side step for Thutomse III anyway.

Nefertiti was someone special to me, to my soul. She meant the world to me, but she is the reason why we are stuck here, why we are part of this curse. If it was not for her protection to those priests and insistence on hiding them from me, they would not have committed such treason against me and my kingdom.

It has been more than a thousand year since I have crossed path with Nefer. “Why are you back Nefer?” I looked into her eyes while asking “Why now Nefer, it’s been so long, I thought we were over honey?”

As I asked I felt my insides tearing apart, how could such harshness come out of my mouth…

I could see threw her eyes how hurt she was.

“Well, this not about you anymore Akh, or Adam, that’s the way you roll now, right?” she looked at me mockingly and gave a sigh “This is a matter that concerns all of us so you better be a little nicer. That’s because I will not be leaving anytime soon”

“Nefer, I did not ask your help. So please stop being so clingy! It’s been a thousand years if you have not noticed; I kind of move on sweety!” I said making a dismissing gesture with my hand. How dare she but into my business? Does she think she is smarter than me or what?

I heard her scream so audible like I never heard it before, “Akh!” she shouted loudly “Stop this non-sense. I will be taking the room at the end of the corridor, the one near your book shelve room, ok?” she smiled and raised her eyebrow.

“Could you please explain to me how you know about all the rooms in my house Nefer?” I asked furious.

She just walked past me and a second later I hear the door shutting.

“What the hell Ash! How come she was watching us and we did not notice her?”

Her voice came into my head “Well, I think you are the only one who did not know!” then she started giggling.

“What?” I shouted out loud. What does she mean? Did Ash know about this? Am I the only fool here?

“Ash, did you know about her? Answer me Ash!”

Ash lowered his head. Oh my god he actually lowered his head. What does that mean? Has he been giving her all my news or what? “Answer me Ash!”

“I have seen her highness creeping on you five months ago, but her highness made me promise not to mention anything to you. Then I saw her again three times later and we exchanged greetings.”

I was so angry then her soft annoying voice came into my head again “Oh Ash, please don’t forget to mention the two times we had lunch and the party at my place” then she giggled sweetly.

“Nefer” I shouted running to the room she now claims. When I opened the door she was sitting by the open window. Her beautiful black her flowing in the wind and her look challenging. Oh Aten, oh God, I missed her and her naughtiness.

Once I entered I locked the door.

“In for a chase” she said then she jumped from the window and started running. She was moving like a Ferrari. Form the window I could not see her anymore so I jumped out hoping no human was watching. They only cause problems when they see supernatural behavior.