Chapter 6: My Home

I hopped up stairs happy with my awesome date. I don’t really know what was awesome but I was feeling happy. Adam always made me feel happy. When I arrived to my home, I rang the door bell knowing that my family would be home.

“Who is on the door?” I heard my sister from the other side of the door. My sister’s name is Lexis but at home we call her Lexie.

“It’s me, Julie!”

I heard her unlocking the door then she opened it. My sister does not look a lot like me, yet most of the time people mistake us for twins as we share the same spirited. She had black shoulder length hair; she had fair skin although her arms are tanned. Her eyes were a unique emerald color; it was very beautiful and went well with her completion. She also had beautiful rosy cheeks, it was like natural beauty and she defiantly did not need makeup. Also her lips were an amazing dark shade of red like a pale blood red, she truly was a beautiful girl that sometimes I wish I looked like her but again we do resemble each other somehow after all we are sisters. My sister appeared dressed in her cute night gown; it was a loose, short, baby blue night gown that had an image of the yellow bird Tweety stumbling out of bed while looking at the alarm clock in the center. It was really adorable.

As soon as she opened the door I gave her a greeting hug and said “Hello sister! How are you doing?”

“I am good Jules! How did your date go? Had a good time?”

I smiled saying “yea it was awesome!”

“I can tell you look really happy, I am glad you enjoyed it because usually you go on terrible dates. So tell me more; what hap…”

My sister’s voice was interrupted by another one coming from the kitchen. It was Mum’s voice.

“Julie, Are you home honey?”

“Yes Mummy” I said as I was walking towards the kitchen.

My mother was my height and bit chubby. She was the cutest mother ever; I am not saying that because she is my mother but rather because she is really sweet. I am really good friends with my mother. We still fight and have our mother and daughter arguments but still she is one of my closest friends of course after Lexie, I would not tell her that though.

My mother has beautiful short black hair and brown eyes. Her skin is just the shade before tanning so it’s really beautiful that she has color, her face is cute with small cheeks. It is a pleasant face that comforts you when you look at it. My mother was wearing a night-gown too; hers was white with pretty floral designs at the bottom. It was really pretty. When I passed through the kitchen door; I saw Mum she seemed to be making some pan cakes for dessert. I can see her flipping on through the air on the other side. I love my mother when she is cooking; she truly has a passion for cooking and always makes her own recipes. I also hear that my Grand Mother was a great cook but she passed away when I was a child.

“Hi Mum! What are you doing?” as I said so I embraced my mother.

“I am making pancakes for dessert! How did your date go with that Afro boy?”

I blushed a little, blood bringing my cheeks to life “It was great Mum! I really enjoyed it”

“Yeah you look like it” she said while smiling “but I wish I could understand your taste in guys! You always like the weird ones!!!”

“He is not weird mum!” she already thinks that he is weird, what will she think then if I told her about his crazy driving game? Well that do not know and I also believe that I do not want to know. So I guess I will keep this piece of information for myself otherwise…

My mum interrupted my thoughts saying “what are you thinking about Julie?”

“Nothing mum; just that I had a good time; anyways I will go change my cloth now. Ok!”

Just as I was leaving the kitchen I hear my mum’s voice “Hey! Aren’t you going to tell me what happened and where did he take you?”

I turned around, “We went to the cinema and there we watched Robin Hood movie which Russell Crowe stars; it was actually a fantastic movie”

“Sounds good, what else did you two do?”

“Nothing else, just the movie and then he drove me home! He was actually very polite Mum, he evenopens the doors for me. He is such a gentle man”

“Well I am glad you had a good time Jules, but do not try to fall too hard for him! He does not really seem like the right guy”

“Don’t worry Mum, it’s just a first date so no feelings yet…”

Interrupting again Mum said “Yet! What do you mean by yet?”

God please help me, I hope that parents were less protective, they are far too protective

“I do not mean anything Mum, I will go change my cloth now”

“Change your cloth and come back for pancakes do not go straight to bed! Ok?”

“Sure Mum! See you!”

***

It is true that mothers know better.

Julie’s Mum was uncomfortable with Adam and simply she knew better…