Chapter 17: An Important Meeting

Oh! I wake up in the middle of the night again. Why can’t I sleep the whole night ever? Again it was another nightmare.

“Julie put off the lights I need to sleep” Lexie said from beneath her cover.

“I got another nightmare, Lexie, I am not feeling well” I said dropping my head into my palms.

Lexie was a nice sister, although sometimes she seemed too self centered, she was not. She cares for me just like I cared for her.

I saw Lexie rising in her bed. She got up and gave me a hug. “Don’t worry Julie, everything will be alright”

“I just do not seem to know why I have been stuck in that string of nightmares”

Lexie kept patting my back “what is it?” she said “blood again”

“Although this time there was no blood and no innocent, delicate deer, it was even more horrifying. I felt stuck into a dark miserable valley. Everything was dark. I kept hearing voices that spoke in a langue I did not understand but I saw nothing; nothing at all and then I felt immense pain in my body. Pain that my body cannot stand, I was terrified Lexie”

“Julie why don’t you go and pray, I think it will clear your head. Go and wash for prayer and I will read some verses of the Quran for you, in case there are evil spirits in the room, then God shall burn them”

I listened to Julie; she was right and quietly left to the bathroom. I washed for prayer, and then put on my praying garment.

After praying, I sat and asked God for forgiveness, and then I asked him to help in my crisis.

When I was done I felt much more relaxed. I went to bed and Lexie stayed next to me reading Quran on my head until I drifted into a deep sleep.

***

This time when I walk up I was myself, but I was not home. I was in an extremely lovely place. It was decorated with many colors it hurts your eyes at first glance and there was so much gold. The place felt ancient.

Opening my eyes again it was not a room but a long wide Hall. On the ceilings of the Hall images of vultures with spread out wings were drawn, and behind them there was a pattern of stars. It was so beautiful a wonder full artistic piece.

And there were grand columns around me they were fully painted in red, at the bother there were long grass like patterns, and the top seemed like my favorite flower; the Egyptian lotus lily.

There were many clerestory windows on each wall, and they had beautiful window grills, with amazing patterns.

I was overwhelmed just by looking at the beautiful place I was in.

Then I heard footsteps, extremely light footsteps, I worried. Who could it be? Who is that person that is coming to take me out of this beautiful place?

My first instinct was to hide, but where? The hall was too big and too open. By the time I reach one of the sides I would be spotted.

How about I run, but where to?

Then the person with the footsteps appeared. He was a handsome, well-built man. He looked Egyptian and he was tanned. He was wearing a kilt and sandals. His chest was bare except for a necklace that has a scarab dangling from it. He did not look welcoming at all, especially with the spear in this hand.

He was walking towards me like I am his target. I wanted to run, to scream, to cry… but I couldn’t. I felt chained although I was not.

But nothing happened. All I felt was fear, traumatizing fear. As he neared me I tried not to show him how I felt.