Chapter 15: Blast from the Past

Ash's Head

***

Adam is pretty funny. Although he is the smartest one of us, he has not figured out Julie yet, “Such a shame your Majesty"

I do not want to let him in on it yet, truth is she is the one he has been searching for all these centuries. But she is not the only one, she is the only one of this time. There almost two girls every 100 years that the rules of the prophecy apply on. Although might have passed by most of them he seemed blinded to the fact. I wonder if I should give him a hint this time. But I am still angry at him, if it was 10 years or a thousand years, I will never forget what happen on the night I turned. It is probably unfair to blame him, but he is the only one alive that I can blame and secondly I came to like my life that way, I do not want to change how things are.

If it were not for his rashness, we were all to be safe. There was a time when I could not bear looking at him, at that time I held him responsible for Aahmes’s fate. She was my first love and the woman I adored the most, yet her rank never helped us. She was a servant in our household in her youth and that is how I got the honor to meet her. She was the light that guided me through the dark.

Although the life of a Nobel man’s son should have been the best life a boy could imagine. I was  always alone; the friend that I had where not friends only a group of trash running after a title and status. But I never counted these people as friends anyway. I was extremely the smart and the top scribe in my town. My father taught me the arts of court and how to be fair in a situation. He taught me to listen to my elders and obey orders, thus I had the best upbringing in town.

During a sad lonely night when I was 15 years old, while sitting on the bench of my back-yard reciting the history of kings, I felt some movement behind me but saw nothing. I went up to investigate the matter. When I spotted the location of the sound I jumped over the person fiercely.

“Who are you breaking into our house in the middle of the night?” I asked

I heard a faint squeal from the miniature body below me. Then I examined the face in the middle of the dark, she was a girl, an extremely beautiful girl. I felt embarrassed for jumping on her like that; “Are you ok?” I asked then she nodded briefly just as she was about to escape, I grabbed on her arm.

“Where do you think you are going? You have to explain yourself… I am the master of this house and I need to know why you are here” I said, matter of fact I did not careless but I wanted some company on that night. Especially I was not able to sleep.

She started out “I am sorry Master, Please forgive me Master… I never meant to disturb you, please don't punish me, I work here Master” she was trembling.

“Well, I will let you go under one condition, wait here and do not go anywhere, ok! If you do move I will report you in the morning, I remember your face” I said and walked away. She was frightened, but I was not thinking of hurting her in anyway.

I fetched some fruits from our kitchen, some bandages and ointment for she must have gotten hurt while I was jumping on her. I put all on a tray along with my kings list then I went to the garden with a small gas lamp.