Chapter 3: And the Date goes on

We stepped out of the elevator, into the ground floor. It was my first time in this cinema complex… it was too bright in here as they used cold white lights and all surfaces were either white or shiny. At first glance one is naturally over whelmed with the excessive brightness but now my eyes were beginning to adjust. It was a very nice place, I really liked it.

Adam’s hand was still placed on my lower back guiding me until we reached the tickets’ booth…

“So what would you like to watch Jules?”

Awesome, I get to chose! Let’s see… what do they have? I took a look around, checking the different movies that are playing. I did not know any of them as I have been too busy to check with my internship and university work…

I was basing my full judgment on the posters, not usually wise!

“Emmm… I think I would go for Robin Hood, I like Russell Crowe. Are you cool with it?”

His lips curved up slightly into a gentle smile and he said “Yeah! I think it would be a good movie”

Adam took a step forward towards the tickets’ booth meanwhile I fidgeted in my purse looking for my little mirror. There was not enough time to go to the powder room, the movie was about to start and I hated missing the beginning. Once I found my mirror I snapped it open and quickly checked my lips… making sure my lip gloss was not fading. Gladly it was fine quickly I put it back in to my purse and found him walking towards me.

“Let’s get some pop corn!”

“I don’t really feel like it Adam… If you want you can get”

“I am not going to eat it alone…”

“Maybe later… during half time or so” I said smiling.

We walked in to the cinema; the advertisements were playing so it was too dark. Adam noticed my frustration. He held my hand in an attempt to help lead me, I was grateful for that; I really did not want to look like a fool stumbling all over the place.

We had to walk a long way down, apparently Adam like to sit way in front! I would rather prefer to sit at the back; usually the back has a better view. I guess it is not his fault; I should have been clearer about what I want. Anyway, at the front or back it doesn’t matter; I will not let this ruin my date.

The seats were all red. When I was young I despised the red color as I always made the connection between red and blood. I have learnt later through some odd research that ninety percent of the male population love red and consider it sexy. Apparently men are hunters by nature; although now they do not have to kill at wars or hunt like the past days they still have a great connection with the red color. Knowing about this a teenager, I gladly bought my first red dress…

Now we were at our seats.

We both sat down but he did not let go of my hand. To be honest I did not want him to let go either...

The movie was really entertaining and some parts were hilarious…

During the Adam was holding my hand and would not let it go. I would have to thank God that his hands were cold otherwise my hand would be covered in sweat already. As the movie proceeded he raised my hand to his mouth and kissed it many times.

I must admit I liked that a lot… It was so cute and original; I have not seen a guy do that before. Usually guys try getting more out of you but he was playing right.

I love the fact that he has the understanding of how to make me happy, it’s like he reads my mind…