Chapter 2: Summer Begins

Summer Life

Egypt experiences two seasons throughout its solar year, a gentle winter from early November to late April and a hot summer from early May to early November. Now was the time of the year that Egypt experiences its summer. Summer was usually a very hot time of the year even when standing under a tree the air would still be very hot, not to the extent of suffocation but rather to an extent of making one uncomfortable. This was the time of the year that Julie enjoyed being fashionably late, she never left her house until her friends or date had arrived at their meeting point. In that case it was Adam…

Julie’s phone started ringing with the caller ID that she has expected….

Ring ... Ring ... Ring

*****

Seeing his name on my phone made me smile. He is on time…

“Hello Adam!”

“Hi Julie, Where are you?”

“I am on my way… Did you arrive yet?”

“Yes Jules, I am waiting for you… Don’t rush yourself babe, I can wait”

Wow… He is so sweet, not like the other jerks I used to date “Ok, see you soon”

With that I broke the connection on my phone and ran to my dresser, quickly uncapping the lid on my lip gloss tube. I applied some gloss, not too much as I was not aiming for the promiscuous look. Closing the lid I slid the tube into my purse and took off the hair band that was tying my hair, letting my hair lose always made me look more elegant.

I ran my fingers through my hair to fix its form and then I stepped back from my wardrobe mirror to see how my outfit looked…

I seemed fine since I was going for casual; I was dressed in black skinnies and a brown low bosom top with my AWESOME flat red shoes… I think I looked fine…

I started checking that I closed all windows and electrical appliances in the apartment since I was home alone, when I was done with everything and I was about to walk out of the door I realized that I had not put on some perfume so I ran to the second shelf of my cabinet and grabbed a my favorite perfume…

Locking the apartment door I went down the stairs since our apartment block was only four floors high it was unnecessary to install an elevator. Our apartment was located on the third floor, pretty convenient.

I hopped down the stairs excited about my date... I was going to the movies not that the movies were so exciting or anything; it was his company that I longed for. I did not even know which movie we were going to watch. I would have been happier if we went for lunch, or even hung out at a café… I like talking... But since it is the first date let him chose…

I took a taxicab and asked him to drop me off in front of the gate number 2 of the shooting club in Mohandeseen. The shooting club is not club for shooting activities only it was a social club where people went to socialize and it a sports complex, a game parks for children, restaurants, cafés and various sitting areas for people. It was like a small community on its won it had room for all ages groups and these clubs are the most common means of socialization in Egypt. Also they are the place to meet new people and insure that they come from a decent family.

The  ride took about ten minutes and this made me twenty minutes late… surprisingly he has not called once to rush me, as much as this pleased me it also worried me.. Could it be possible that I am so late he has already gotten fed up and left?

I hope not, but most of my dates would have done the same…

I paid amount on the meter, and stepped out of the taxi. Adam was no where to be seen. I surveyed the entire area but he was not there so I decided to call him…