Chapter 12: Night

After the hunt I went up to Ash the man who always brings dessert.

“Ash! I want you to meet someone… just meet nothing more, ok?”

I asked Ash to meet her because he is really good at analyzing people and cracking up their inner most fears and desires. Not saying that I am not, but he certainly outshines all of us in that area. He really knows how to get his way with humans. Probably that is the reason why he can always bring dessert.

We can bring dessert too, but he can magnetize the strongest and most unwilling prey; undoubtedly their taste is magnificent.

Yet this time all I wanted was his brain work… I did not want him to taste Julie in any form… I just wanted him to crack her tangled mind for me since I cannot see well past her eyes. She is a bit hard to read, although I keep trying.

“Yeah man why not? Is it a human?” Ash responded with a little smile.

He got right. I nodded in response…

“I knew it! You always ask me to meet those pathetic human begins that you cannot…”

I cut him short with a nudge, “Stop it Ash! I was just asking for a friends help. You know what forget it!”

Now I am angry at him. Why does he become a pain once asked for something, he has to brag like little children, probably is my fault that I asked him. I started walking off when I felt myself being pulled back…

“Now what? Ash” I exclaimed then, I heard him in a low voice “I will do it! Fine”

Yes! He will do it. I am happy right now because I know that he is the only one that can do it, he certainly has the right mind set for the job.

“Ok! I will let you know the next time I meet her so that you can pop up” I said with a laugh and then we parted he disappeared in to thin air like usual.

Everyone left but I stayed on the boot of my car contemplating the beauty of the night blanket that is rolled over the vast desert. Darkness is a form of beauty that the humans experience yet not appreciate.

It is the beauty of mystery and the unknown that creatures like us are banned from experiencing every day. But right now all it is that I can do is to admire the beauty of the unknown mysterious desert at night. By trying to feel the anxiety and excitement that each sand grain goes through until the moment it starts seeing the break of sunlight at dawn.

Life to us is like an open book, yet meeting few people like Julie that are mysterious add so much excitement to our life.

Just like knowing everything is a blessing that makes us live much longer and be much stronger. It is also a curse that kills life and that is why they call us the cold blooded the dead. Although we live we are dead, waiting for the few brief moments that life drops a gift in our way.

Right now my gift is that weak human girl. As much as I do want to unlock her secrets, I also don’t. For who knows, when will life give another gift like that again?

It is those gifts that make us wake up and appreciate life…

Now the first lights started to appear as beautiful as the sunrise is, it is also reveals all that the night sky has concealed including me. I have to leave now, I can stand being in the sun but it takes up too much energy and I need to get some rest now…

I got into my car and drove home fast…