Part Five; Baby Really Hurt Me

Kai appeared, coming from the woods with his backpack "Looks like I got back just in time" Kai nearly did set down his backpack when Elena zoomed forward and snatches the pack, she teared it open and began reading what's inside.

"Zima, grunge, every Alex Rodriguez rookie card known to man, and a pager. Really?" Elena dropped the bag on the ground and sighed, to her Kai was a stupid little brat. "555-Hiya-Kai, no way I'm giving those digits up"

"These are the important supplies you needed to get?" Elena asked as she was judging Kai, who shrugged. Bonnie was suspiciously watching the two from the dirt she was sitting on. "Look. The future sounds great, all right? I'm super excited about the Internet, but 1994 has been my home for most of my life. I'd hate to get homesick. So let's get down there-"

"No" Bonnie walked forward, pushing Elena out of the way, who attempted to stop her. "We are not going anywhere until you show me the spell"

"Okay" He stood still, basically saying that they were not going. Elena sighed because he was acting like a damn child. She narrowed her eyes and Bonnie spoke. "Fine, you don't want to show me the spell? Then you can do it yourself" Kai smiled, suspiciously. "You... want my magic" Bonnie held out her arm and nodded. "Take it"

"Uh-oh, she's being brave" Kai said as he turned to Elena, who was glaring at him. "I'm serious Kai! This was your big threat, wasn't it? If I do the spell and let us out of here, you'll just take my magic, leave me for dead, and do the spell yourself. So go ahead. Take all of it"

Elena looked worried, and Kai looked down at Bonnie, smirking. "Don't mind if I do" He slapped both hands on her shoulders and she yelped in pain, nearly going limp in his arms. "Bonnie?" Elena asked slowly, her friend was clearly in pain and it hurt her as well. "It's okay, he won't kill me" Bonnie assured her but Elena was not satisfied.

"Doesn't look like that from here" Bonnie grunted in pain again, making Elena flinch. Small agony escaped from her lips and Elena looked at her best friend with horror, wanting to stop them as Bonnie screamed in pain.

"Hey, Bon!" Elena screamed as Bonnie's face started to confront with pain. "Whoa, hey, guys. STOP" Kai released Bonnie with mischievous smile. Bonnie, regaining her composure realized something. She tilted her head and scoffed.

"He doesn't know the spell. Which means, we don't need him. She raised her hand and started the chanter. "Motus" The axe Elena was using to attack the ground soared through the air before burying itself into Kai's chest, whose eyes widened as he fell on his back.

"NO! No! BONNIE!" Elena gasped and looked at the dead man laying down. She looked at her best friend, not knowing what to do. "You sure this was the right thing?"

"Yes, I am taking us out of here"

———

"You know the last thing my Grams said to me... was to stay strong. What if that was her way of telling me I have the power to get out? I have the ascendant, a massive celestial event to draw from, plus a burning desire to leave this place immediately" Elena's smile didn't reach her eyes, and Bonnie held up the Ascendant, shutting her eyes.

Elena's face became serious when Bonnie started to chant the spell. The claws on the ascendant pulled free and twist, Bonnie looked up at Elena and Hope as she stumbled to her feet, excited. "That's why Kai wouldn't kill me. He needed a Bennett... I was his only way out of here" Bonnie turned and began to walk, leaving Elena with Hope, alone.

"Whoa, where are you going?" Bonnie, who was walking towards the hole Elena had dug, turned to her. "Home. You coming?" Elena looked excited, and looked up at the sun. She nodded and placed a kiss on Hope's forehead.

The sky above was still darkening from the eclipse, underground, Elena was sitting on a rock, and the hole Elena had dug was directly under the eclipse so the light was going to pool through. Elena was staring at Bonnie who was standing directly under the light. Bonnie used the Ascendant to slice into her wrist, she then dripped the blood onto the Ascendant. "Okay"

She looked up at Elena who was staring at Hope. She breathed hard and she looked up at the blue eclipse light, she shot her eyes and began to chant. And just like before, the ascendant clicked and opened . Elena and Bonnie stare hopefully at each other. "It's time, Lena" Elena grabbed Hope and rubbed her hands together, getting up from the rock.

"Alright" She walked over to Bonnie, under the direct light of the eclipse. "Let's get started" They were both smiling widely. Elena placed her hand under Bonnie's. "Like this?"

"Yep" Elena looked up at Bonnie and smiled "I'm glad it was you I was stuck here with, and that little girl" Bonnie smiled and nodded. "I can say the same"

"Let's go--AH!" An arrow zipped out of nowhere and caught Bonnie in her stomach, she got knocked back, Elena was taken by surprise and the Ascendant fell with Bonnie. Elena whirled  to see Kai standing with a crossbow pointed directly at her.

"Forgetting someone?" Elena stared incredulously.