Part Twenty: Wrap Your Arms Around My Weakness

"Klaus!" An angry scream filled the compound as the angry brunette walked into parlor as if she was the owner of the house. Lucien who was sipping his wine slowly frowned and looked at the brunette with interest. "Hello, how can I help you?"

Elena did not care about the man sitting and talking to her, all she ever cared about was finding Klaus and talk to him. She walked into a random room, getting even more angrier when she could not find him. "Where is he?"

"Hello to you too love, I can answer you if you tell me why you are looking for him" Elena sighed angrily as Lucien faked a gasp and looked at her stomach. "Don't tell me he got you pregnant too! What a womanizer!"

Elena took a deep breath, calming herself before looking back to the stupid man sitting down in front of her. "Do you know where Klaus is?" Lucien nodded and smiled sickeningly, Elena wanted to punch him in the face. "Where is he?"

"If only I knew" Elena was about to yell at the stranger but the hybrid she was looking for walked in with confused expression. Elena rushed to him and hit is chest with a great anger that baffled the hybrid. "What did you do to Kai!"

"Slow down, sweetheart. I am pretty sure you are making a mistake" Klaus tried to calm Elena, not wanting to fight in front of Lucien. Because he knew Lucien was having fun with the scene in front of him. "Mistake? You say I am making a mistake! You are controlling my boyfriend with your witch! Which one of us is making a mistake Klaus?"

"One of your gorgeous lady friends? Would not you share dear Nik?" Klaus sighed and looked at Lucien who was smirking, he was not going to let him have this satisfaction. "Follow me" Klaus tried to move but Elena's hand on his arm, more like an attempt to stop him, made him stop. "I am not following you to anywhere! You and your witch are releasing my boyfriend and you are leaving us alone!"

"If you calm down for a second you can see that this is not my doing!" Elena looked taken back as he yelled at her face directly. Klaus took a deep breath and looked at the brunette again. "Now, follow me" Elena seemed hesitant as he walked away, and when Klaus realized she was not following him he turned around harshly. "Follow me Elena for god's sake!"

Seeing she was out of opinions, Elena followed Klaus and they left Lucien alone. They entered into his study and Klaus closed the door behind him. "Now, please do tell! What is this charade?"

"Someone is controlling Kai, and rightfully I am assuming it is you!" Klaus sighed and looked down, not understanding what was wrong with her. "Why would it be me?" Elena shrugged, even though she was not able to name a proper motive. "It's just you, messing with our lives or maybe for an access to my blood! Who knows what's going on in your evil mind?"

Klaus shook her head as his eyes caught the scar on her neck. "What happened to your neck?" Elena's hand traced her neck as she touched to the scar she made to scare Kai, or whoever was controlling him. "Nothing"

"Elena-"

"If it's not you then who is it?" Klaus continued looking at Elena's neck with a weird expression. "I don't know, it is not me. And even though it was me, I would never hurt you" The doppelgänger looked down and let out a tried sigh. Klaus closed his eyes, because he felt something inside of him got hurt when she accused him, and she had every right to do and feel so. "I know I need your blood to creat my hybrids again but I would never harm a hair on your head, same goes for your children"

"Kai tried to kill me yesterday" Klaus looked at her with wide open eyes, and Elena wiped the little tear she shed. She took a shaky breath and closed her eyes. "So he tried to kill the babies"

"You can stay here till we find the responsible" Elena opened her eyes and looked at Klaus with fear and sadness. "But, what if no one is controlling him and he-" A sob escaped from her lips as she covered her mouth with her hand.

Klaus shook his head and looked at crying brunette. He sighed and walked to her, wrapping his arms around her shoulder as she continued sobbing more and more. "I saw the way he protected you, he would never hurt you. I promise you I will fix whatever is happening to him" Elena did not say anything and continued crying. Klaus sighed and closed his eyes.

It was so weird when you think about how their relationship improved from the very beginning. At first, they were both just a myth to each other. Then the first time he saw her, in a class full of students, even though knowing she was the doppelgänger her appearance baffled him for a second.

The sacrifice was the breaking point, where he took everything she had from her, including her precious life and aunt. Their relationship was a rocky road when her humanity was off and she was staying with them. They had been exchanging glances and insults, but sill coexisting for Rebekah's sake.

So when Elena felt the warmness of his grip, she was aware that he meant the comfort he was providing.

a/n: yes i am still shipping klena, what about that