Part Thirteen; Come Back Home

It was a bundle of light, Elena had never let Kai's hand go, mainly because she was scared. And finally, they ended up in the woods. Elena looked around and let out a laugh, Kai looked at Elena intensely before grabbing her face and kissing her. Elena retuned the kiss, not caring that they had the audience. Kai parted them, still looking at her well shaped pink lips. "I told you that I was going to kiss you first" Rebekah cleared her throat and Elena smiled, she went and hugged her best friend and Elijah. The older vampire raised his eyebrows but returned the hug. "Thank you, both of you"

"We thank you, you brought us our niece" Elena broke the hug and looked at them with happiness. "Is she alright?" Rebekah nodded and smiled along with Elijah. Elena nodded too, sighing with relief. She turned to Bonnie who was looking at them. Elena walked to her and hugged her as well. "Thank you Bonnie" Bonnie just nodded and returned the hug immediately, she was able to feel the tears in her eyes. "Let's go" And then, they all walked to the Salvatore Boarding House.

She saw Caroline waiting by the door, and ran to her best friend as she saw her. "Oh my god! Are you alright? Are you hurt? I was so scared, thank god!" Elena laughed and hugged her friend back. Caroline frowned and parted them as she looked at the man standing behind Elena. "Who is he?" Elena cleared her throat and looked at her friend. "We can talk inside, come on"

Elena was not expecting to see Klaus standing right in front of her. Her feet backed away and she felt herself hiding behind Kai. He frowned and turned to Elena who gulped and looked at Kai. "Hey, what's wrong?"

Elena looked right at Klaus and the hybrid sighed. He was not sure why she was so scared, they stayed at the same house when her humanity was off, she was sharing the house with Rebekah and no one harmed no one. Kai frowned and looked at the direction she was looking at.

"Elena, are you alright?"

"What is he doing here?" Elena was looking directly at Klaus, and to be honest he could say he was a bit offended. Rebekah sighed and walked next to Elena. "He would not hurt you, I promise you"

"Is that him?" Elena gulped and nodded as Kai asked. Klaus frowned and walked to Elena who got more and more nervous with each step of his. "Forgive my confusion, but I don see why you appeared to be afraid of me. As if you were a-"

He stopped and tilted his head. His eyes widened when he was able to smell her human scent. "You are a human again" Elena gulped and looked at Kai who was glaring at Klaus, he was ready to attack if he had to. "How is that even possible?"

"What do you mean she is human?" Rebekah scoffed with Damon's question. "Kai siphoned the vampirism out of her; he is a siphon witch" Stefan frowned but cleared his throat, he was able to see that Elena was still uncomfortable with Klaus being around her. "Thank you, for bringing Elena back but I have to ask for you to leave for today. I think she'd been gone through a lot for a day. You can come back later, right Caroline?"

"Yeah, I will walk you to door" Elijah, Rebekah and Freya looked at each other before nodding and walking to the door with Caroline but Klaus looked unfazed. He looked at everyone in the room and finally his eyes landed on Elena. The idea of creating hybrids again was so alluring, and not like he wanted to kill her this time. "I believe you do not understand, Elena is human again. Meaning, I will be using her blood for creating new hybrids" Elena backed away, her fears were coming true. He intended to walk to Elena, but he shouted and fell to the ground with the pain. Everyone looked at Bonnie who was just standing and doing nothing.

Elena looked at Kai who was grabbing her arm, delicately enough to make sure she was not hurt, and controlling Klaus' pain with his movements. "I don't think you'll be using her after all"

"Kai, it's alright. Let him go, it's alright" Kai looked at her with uncertainty but still obeyed as she said. Klaus raised on his feet with his hybrid face showing off. He sped to Kai before Rebekah and Elijah could hold him down but Elena covered Kai. "You want to hurt him? You have to kill me first. Meaning, you will not be using my blood for creating new hybrids" Elena said, copying his exact words. Klaus gulped and looked at the girl daring him to literally kill her.

"Just so you know, I have zero intention to kill you" He backed away a bit before looking over Kai. "But I can't say the same for your boyfriend" Elena gulped and let out her breath as the members of the Original family left the Boarding House.

Everyone looked at Kai and Elena, and then to Bonnie and Damon. Bonnie looked guilty and Damon, maybe he was not over Elena after all, looked pissed. "So, anything you guys want to explain?" Caroline asked as she sat down next to Stefan who nodded and looked at the couples. "Bonnie and Damon can go first" Kai talked causing all four of them to look at Bonnie and Damon. Damon cleared his throat and looked at Elena. "Me and Bonnie are together, since the last summer" Elena's eyes widened with the time measure. Last summer meant one huge year, the summer they had graduated. The summer Stefan went missing, the summer they have dealt with the doppelgängers. "More than a year?" Caroline asked with shock. Bonnie gulped and looked down to her shoes.

"So there is nothing to say more" Elena said before walking away, out of the house. Kai shook his head and ran after her, hoping he would catch her. Elena turned her head to him and smiled when he hugged her. "Where are we going now?"

"To my dorm room, at least until I find a new place" Kai nodded and smirked. "Or your blonde friend can compel us a house"

"Yeah, maybe she can" He laughed.