Chapter 34: Finding Allison

A/N: Hi everyone! It's been a while since I last did one of these 😅. Anyway, I wanted to share a little something with all of you. While I was writing today's chapter I started to wonder how Cassie would have aged over the years. So with the power of editing and AI, I made two pictures of what Cassie would have looked like as a young adult based on the face claim I had at the start of the story. The only reason I did this was because I was starting to have trouble visualizing the characters and I've read some comments of some of you who also struggled with this when there are flashbacks of Five and Cassie working at the Commission. So yeah! The first picture is Cassie as a 13-year-old, the second/middle one what she would look like if she was the same age as everyone else in the academy, and the last one is her when she was working with Five at the Commission.

Also, I want to add some trigger warnings for this chapter which are mention of body dysmorphia and gore

Enjoy the chapter!

—————=+=—————

It has been around an hour since Cassie left Klaus at the kitchen and she had managed to take a shower and get ready to get going on whatever Five had planned for the day. She just knew that it was a matter of minutes before Five knocked on her door or appeared inside her room so might as well be ready for anything.

Cassie looked into the mirror as she brushed her long dark blonde hair getting a little sense of nostalgia from it. The more the girl looked into the mirror the more her body dysmorphia started to kick in. After all, she wasn't even sure if she was going to be back in her 58 year old body any time soon.

All Cassie could wonder for now was that if she and the rest of the academy somehow manage to save the world how was she supposed to live life normally being trapped in her own 13 year old girl body. Maybe this was her chance to start over where she left off before she and Five disappeared, after all, she looked exactly the same as she did the day her life took a twist for the worse. The only problem was that her consciousness still followed her around, and deep inside she knew that if she and Five didn't find a way to solve the problem neither of them would have a real place in this timeline or any other for that matter.

The truth was that neither Five nor her had any idea how they both ended up in their 13 year old bodies the only theory the girl had was that Five's error in the equation might have caused it. Problem was that she had no idea how they would revert it without time traveling once again.

"Time to—." Five suddenly said as he spatial jumped inside Cassie's room catching her by surprise.

"Jesus fucking christ." Cassie flinched as soon as she heard Five's voice and turned around to look at the boy who was now standing inside her room. "You need to stop doing that." The girl said shaking her head.

"Why?" Five replied raising an eyebrow. After all, he liked using his powers for whatever he found fitting.

"I could have been naked." The girl stated crossing her arms.