Chapter 18: Attack at the Academy

After listening to everyone downstairs talk about what was wrong with Grace, Cassie headed to her room. She felt that her opinion on that matter wasn't the most valid and the others had more right to decide on what they should do.

The girl was still upset, but she wasn't going to show it to anyone around her. She did snap at Diego while voting but that was mostly because he was being an asshole to her lately. She certainly didn't remember him being that impulsive with his actions and words. He has always had issues with Luther but never with her so all of this was just weird.

When Cassie entered her room she closed the door behind her and laid on her bed just wanting to forget everything that ever happened to her. She felt like her whole existence wasn't even supposed to happen. After all, her biological mother just had her in a matter of seconds for god's sake, things like that are not even supposed to happen.

It all created a chain reaction. Since her 'father' knew she wasn't his actual daughter, it made him mad at her which led to her getting abused by him. That, later on, resulted in her discovering her powers and getting adopted into a family that was more like a glorified boarding school. And to top things off she somehow ended up getting stuck in the apocalypse for 45 years with the one person who never made an actual effort to like her. Even if it was as friends. The worse thing of it all was that she still managed to develop feelings towards that person, and now she hated herself for it.

—————=+=—————

Time went on and Cassie managed to fall asleep in her bed. She was hoping that Number Five would eventually show up and tell her he stopped the apocalypse, but time went on and nothing happened. She was afraid he wouldn't be able to do it alone, but also knew that he would try to push her away once more if she attempted to get close.

The girl was soundlessly asleep when she was abruptly woken up by guns being fired. She fell out of bed and instantly stood up completely disconcerted. Why on earth would someone be firing a weapon inside the academy? This definitely wasn't a good sign.

Cassie peaked into the hallway from inside her room noticing two suited figures trying to shoot at Diego. Shit. She knew exactly who those people were and what they wanted to do. They were Hazel and Cha-Cha and they were sent by the commission to kill her and Number Five.

She started to panic trying to figure out what was the best thing to do. She knew that if they saw her they would follow her till she was captured, or even worse killed. But at the same time, she knew she had to help Diego and whoever else was inside the house.

Once Cassie noticed they had gone after Diego and left the hallway. She sneakily exited her room and followed behind trying to not be seen by them. The plan was risky but if something were to happen to anyone because of her she would never forgive herself for it.

Suddenly she spotted Diego once again and he was fighting Hazel not really doing much damage. She hid behind a wall nearby hoping no one would notice her and started manipulating Hazel not allowing him to fight back properly against Diego.

Diego managed to push Hazel into the wall and began running away as Cha-Cha started to fire more bullets in his direction. None of the attackers have noticed that the girl was present so they just kept going after Diego who jumped off the railing into the living room downstairs. The bullets began to get out of control.

"Shit," Cassie muttered to herself as she kept hiding.  Her chest was heaving from how anxious this whole situation was making her.

Cassie heard footsteps going downstairs and she knew it was Hazel and Cha-Cha just trying to find Diego. She got out of her hiding spot and stayed upstairs still on defense trying to hide, but still knowing that she could help on whatever she could. She looked down at the living room and noticed Diego who was hiding as well. But unfortunately, he moved and shots stared being fired at him once again.