Wakey Wakey ...Back to the Past

We just got out of the airport and called a car . I sat in front while Maximous sat in the back with Adam .  Going back to Will's pack isn't something I'm very excited about.  All the history I have to return to , my father and his waiting wife , my mates grave, and worst of all my awaiting doom of facing Liam. 

When we arrived , I took Maximous deep into the woods with Adam close behind.
I looked Maximous in the eyes and said ,
" Are you ready ?"
He took a deep breath and said, " Yes , sister. " I smiled at him and nodded at Adam . He stepped forward and looked him in the eye. Adam and Maximous have always been close . He's the father figure in his life since our father is a little unavailable at the moment, But I plan to change that . Since I did say I would wake him up in 15 years and its been 16.  I was pulled out of my thought by Adam's words to Maximous,
" Your making the right choice. "
"No , I'm making the best one . " He replied . Adam put his wrist to his mouth and bit down drawing his blood then held it out for Maximous and  he took a step forward and latched on and began to drink. He quickly became consumed by his blood and kept drinking. I gave Adam a look of worry but he whispered,
This usually happens, we usually make it taste so good that when we snap their necks they don't resist .
I nodded my head and turned around I couldn't watch him snap his neck , the thought made Ziphora growl .
The snap of Maximous neck echoed through the woods.I turned around to see Maximous slumped against Adam , the sight made me growl.
"We're going to the house , I have a father to wake , he can't miss his son's wolf welcoming. "

He nodded and we ran to the house with Maximous on Adam's shoulder. 
When we reached the house , it was pitiful . Like no one had lived there for decades, almost two to be exact .

I walked in the house to find a god awful stench.  I sped through the house untill I found my father laying in my bed in the same clothes he wore , the day I punished him. 
I smirked ,
" Its seems Lacey , finally came around to her senses . "
" Hello Daddy . " I leaned over him , he was graying and his skin was dry  ." Are you ready to wake up ?" I laughed outloud.
I pressed my thumb against his for head and got a flash of where he was. 
He was lying on the ground bleeding , from his stomach the same way I did. He had an extension cord wraped around his neck and he was bleeding. He had started my nightmare over again because I hadn't returned to wake him up. 
I let go and said , "I told you she wasn't perfect.  I told you she could've killed me and yet you slept with her. " I sighed. " I really hope you've learned your lesson ."

I looked at him and searched for his soul , white as snow. I smiled ,
" Good job, father "
I reached out and touched it , I thought about my favorite memory and it was of Maximous. My father opened his eyes and screamed.
He screamed and screamed and then he cried. I walked out the room and grabbed a cup of water and brought it back up to him . 
He was slowly sitting up and walked over to him . Helped him sit up.  I handed him the water and he didn't dare look me in the eyes.
I didn't say anything and neither did he .He was truly afraid of me .
" He's alive you know. Your son. "
He perked up but still didn't look me in the eye.
" He's getting his wolf today.  " I said .
He reached for more water and drank the entire thing. 
" You want more ?" I asked .
He nodded his head .
I took his glass and poured him some more and sped back into the room.  He drank the glass and asked ,
" What is his name ?"
" Maximous, Maximous Dean Michaelson ."
I said.
" Maximous." He whispered.
" We can go see him , I'll take you. I'll even take you back with us if you like. " I offered.
" Back where ?" He asked.
" Our home . Maximous and I, we've found a place to call home. " I said proudly.
" Where's Lacey ? " he asked.
" She's gone. " I said. " She put you here , then she left. "
" What does he look like , Maximous?" He asked.
" Come see for yourself.  " I said with a smile.
He looked me in the eye. 
" I am so sorry Sage . I didn't realize how bad she treated you. I mean - I knew she hurt you and I knew she hurt you deeply. But I did not know the extent of your pain. when you killed yourself or at least when you tried to, and you jumped off that bridge. I felt everything you were feeling, a sense of relief ,a sense of finally being able to breathe and then it started all over again. I have lived your Hell and I plan to avenge you." He promised.
I smiled.
" Thank you father , but I have already avenged myself.  The only thing you can do for me now is be there for your son .  Be the father I needed. "
He nodded his head and I helped him up .
I walked him to his room and took him to the shower . He had a hard time moving but we managed  to get him showered and in some new clothes. I made him some food and sat him down at the table.
" Does Maximous need a specific outfit for his wolf welcoming ? " I asked him. 
" Yes , he can wear mine. "
He told me where his robe for the ceremony was and I brought it back down to the kitchen. It was a white fabric , very thin and fragile. 
" May I see him now ?" He asked.
I looked at him and it was almost baffling the man who sat before me . He was fragile and skinny . He was not the same man when he was punished , he is changed.
I stood up and helped him.  We walked to the living room , where Adam and Maximous were waiting. 
" Has he woken yet ?" I asked Adam. 
" He should be waking up soon . Hello Mr.Michaelson." He greeted him .

" Adam ." He said not meeting his gaze.
It's quite sad actually watching my father bow into submission to a vampire and his daughter. But that is the price he's paid. He is not quite yet done proving his loyalty, but it is a start and I do believe he is capable of change.

I walked over to Maximus and place my thumb on his forehead. He was surrounded by same men in cloaks that surrounded me when I turned .His body begin to spasm  in pain as they chanted around him. He screamed but he screams did not reach his physical body, it was all in his head. He collapsed on the ground and he cried out for me,
"Sage please help me! Sage it hurts please help me! sister! Please, please stop the pain!"

I sat down and put his head in my lap.  I hummed his a melody , the same melody I did when he was younger.
Take me home tonight, take me home tonight rub my black jet hair ,watch my brown brown eyes.
Take me home tonight, lay me down to sleep rub my back to soothe, while I'm comforting you  , comfort me .
Take me home tonight , Love my brown eyes. Rub my black jet hair . Take me home tonight.

He opened his eyes crying ,
" Its alright , I won't let anybody hurt you ." I rocked him till he stopped crying and he let me go . He sat up and looked around the room .
" Who are you? " He said to my father.
" He is our father . His name is Philip, Philip Michaelson." I said to him.
Maximous looked at me and turned back to our father .
" You son of a bitch. " He said angry. 
" How could you do that to her? You're own daughter. I don't want him here ,Sage." He said to me angry.
" Now brother, let's not be too hasty. Our Father has paid for his crime. He is assured me that he's a changed man. only time will tell if he's telling the truth. He's gone through my torture for the last 16 years. When he woke, he was already more than halfway through my torture again. I didn't even have to live it twice. Let us see reason brother, he is missed out on the last 16 years of your life. let him make up for it. Before he dies of old age."
My father looked at me with wide eyes.
" Your not going to change me ?" He asked .

"There are only three living hybrid at that I know of, and as far as I know they live forever. The goddess informed me through Sam , that she was meant to live forever and I could not deny her of her mate. So I turned them both. I had no choice and whether I became a hybrid or not but Maximous here did. There will only 4 living hyrbrids known and I will keep it that way. "
I explained.
" But I will die. " He said.
" As you were meant to.  " Maximous said.
" Son - I " He started but Maximous cut him off.
" I am not your son. I am Sage's brother, I will soon be a hybrid but I will never be your son. " He said through clentched teeth .
Maximous got up and walked out.  Leaving us behind.
I nodded at Adam to follow him , and he swiftly left after.
" I guess I deserved that ." He said sadly .
I walked over to him and knelt down to him . " You have to give him time. He is very stubborn and can hold a grudge ." I said trying to reassure him .
" He hates me ." He huffed sadly .
" He doesn't know you . " I said. " Give him time ."
" I don't have time , Sage.  " He looked me in the eyes and said.
" Then love him , love him so when your gone . He knows you did. "