Sophia's choice

I followed after him into the woods, he a quick one I'll give him that.
" I know your following me Adam ." He said.
" You do , do you ?" I laughed. " I must be loosing my touch ."
" I'm not a pup anymore.You don't have to follow me around like I am. " he said .

"Aw you'll always be a pup ." I joked.
" I am not ! " He yelled .
" Okay your not a pup , what is it exactly you want to be then ? " I asked amused.
" I want to be more that him . I want to be more, Adam . " He said searching for the right words.
" I want to be great like Sage. She is so strong , so powerful . She is a great leader, and that's what I'm afraid of.That is why I'm so angry " He said .

"She will never replace you , she loves you more than the endless life she has. I'm gonna tell you something , something Sage never told anyone one because it made her look weak  ." I started.
" once upon a time, Sage had a mate. Sage knew that she could never be with him, because he was a werewolf, a mortal werewolf.He would die after only spending a handful of years with her to lose her to old age. She knew that if she stayed with him her heart and wolf could not take that pain. so instead she pushed him away, after the death of her friend Valerie she pushed him away even more, until the day he was kidnapped. she fought tooth and nail even fought her urges to not kill your mother, to get him back. and when your mother agreed to give Drew back to Sage she killed him right in front of her. Sage was no longer Sage, Sage had disappeared and was an empty hole . She stayed in her room for months and didn't even feed. She was trying to not feel , because feeling was hurt and she couldn't take anymore hurt. She closed off from the world and was grieving her mate. That is until she met you . You gave Sage a reason to fight , a reason to love.  A reason to keep her humanity. " I explained all this to him and his face was pure shock. We had told him we'd killed his mother and he was unfazed but to think his big sister was in love once was unfathomable to him. 

" She will never stop loving you , she can't . She would love you even if you decided to stay mortal and live your life out as a werewolf. She will never leave you. " I confirmed.

" She is alone." He said on the verge of tears.
" Not even the slightest bit, she is surrounded by the people she took in and made her family , she has you . She has me. " I said with a smile.
" ew , gross . You and Sage . Don't hurt my sister man. " He said still grossed out .
" I haven't hurt her since the day I met her , you on the other hand . You hurt her.  " I said serious.
" Don't make her feel like your pushing her away , it takes a lot for Sage to open her heart to people. So don't go pushing her away stepping on her pride." I said.
He nodded his head and we headed back to the house.
----------------Maximous----------------

We came home after I had cooled off and the house was clean. It was too clean Sage must've went crazy in here. I smelled food cooking and I went to the kitchen . Sage was by the stove and making spaghetti.

She was rolling meatballs when I walked in and I rolled up my sleeves and started to help. We laughed and I turned on some music , she put the noodles in the strainer and I heard footsteps coming down the stairs .
A girl with long brown hair and green eyes emerged.  She looked awkwardly at me and I said , " Who are you ? "
" she is a new member of our home , let's welcome her properly brother. " Sage said to me.
" can I talk to you  ,sister ? "I  said .
" Sophia please watch the food , we'll be right  back."
She nodded and I walked into the hall.
" why are you doing this ?" I asked concerned.
" She remind me of myself, she's scared , weak and alone." She said sympathetical.
" You are none of those things !" I said outraged.
" but I was once, brother , I was once scared and weak .Running from the very person who was suppose to love me ." she explained.
" So , who is she ? " I asked.
" Her name is Sophia . I'm going to adopt her. ." she said matter of factlly.
" Why ?" I asked confused .
" Because she reminds me of myself, so much that I have to know . I have to know if I were put in a loving environment and given a proper choice if I would've turned out differently . I need closure , closure for the girl that died in me when Valerie did. "