~ 5 ~

Salma exclaimed, "Did you just say halfcast?!"

I rolled my eyes, "Ehen, what's so special about that?"

"Everything! But don't worry, he's all yours. I'm still crushing on Amir. Oh, see them approaching mah." She said looking behind me.

I turned and indeed they were walking towards us, or maybe not.

"Snap out of it, they're not-"

I was interrupted by the tap on my shoulder, I whipped around to see who it was.

Oh, Khalil.

"Hey, how are you doing?" He asked with a fondly smile.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Salma sneak away from us. I then replied, "I'm doing fine, thanks."

"So, are you free tonight?"

Was he asking me out?!

"Yeah, why?" I responded.

"Um...I just-"

"Khali boy!" Amir yelled drawing both our attention.

Khalil shook his head, "Nevermind. Just forget about it."

He jogged off to Amir and I watched them walk away.

Nevermind?

I shrugged and went off to look for Salma.

When I found her, she was sitting on a table with a dreamy smile plastered on her face.

"Salma, what's up?" I asked her.

She perked up, "Just thank your halfcast boyfriend for me oh. Thanks to him, I got a chance at talking to Amir and guess what I earned?"

My brows furrowed, "What?"

"His number! It was too easy mah!(even!)I just went up to him while you were talking to Khalil and introduced myself, we actually talked a little even though he was finding it hard to answer some questions. Well, in the end, we both earned each other's numbers." She narrated.

I sighed, "Good for you."

"Ehen, what about you? What did Mubarak want?" She asked.

I replied, "Oh, at first he asked if I was free tonight, like he was asking me out but then when I asked why, he was hesitant in replying. When Amir called on to him, he just told me 'nevermind' and left." I told her.

"Whoa. That's weird, but are you actually free tonight though?" She asked me and I nodded.

"Good. My cousin's birthday party is tonight so you could come if you want but do not come without Amir. I already invited him myself."

I chuckled, "Insha Allah, we would be there. Karki damu(don't worry) "

She grinned, "That's great. Now let's go have lunch."

I laughed and she joined me as we made our way to the exit of campus.

The rest of the day went by in a blur. Before I knew it, it was time for the party and I was searching for something to wear.

I ended up going with a plain black abaya. I mean, I didn't have to overdress since I wasn't the celebrant and I barely knew her.

I heard a knock at my room door. I was puzzled as I remembered leaving the door open.

I glanced over at the door from my mirror to see Amir standing by the door.

He squinted his eyes for a bit before speaking, "You look good."