~ 20 ~

He had given me the permission to leave work early so it wasn't a rude choice to accept it.

I called Khalil telling him I was leaving work early and he said he was coming to pick me up so I was currently waiting for him outside the building.

In a few minutes, a white Camry came along and parked in front of me.

I took it as Khalil's car and went inside without hesitation.

Sure enough, I found him seated in the driver's seat with his hands on the steering wheel.

"That's one tall building." He commented as he started driving.

"Yeah, guess what I do in the company." I said.

He smirked in interest, "Hmm, let's see...Cleaner?"

I glared at him, "Kana hauka ne?"

He laughed, "Okay wait, sorry. I meant...em, how about...receptionist?"

I tutted, "Abeg, let me relieve you of the stress. I'm the secretary to the CEO."

"Serious?" He seemed surprised.

"Yeah but sometimes I work part time so I don't understand why he'd choose me as a secretary. Not that I'm complaining sha." I said.

He responded, "You're really lucky to have such a good job. And I'm guessing he pays you well?"

"Well, It hasn't been up to a month yet so he hasn't paid me. I'll get my pay at the end of the month. He assured me that the pay would be perfect." I told him.

"Hm, seems like a nice guy." He mumbled.

"Yeah, and weird too..."

"What?" He asked.

"What?"

"I thought I heard you say something." He said.

"No, it's nothing important. I was just talking to myself." I replied.

He didn't press on the topic anymore.

The car came to a stop and I found out he was already parking the car.

We were here.

We both got out of the car and he remembered something then told me, "Ah yes, Amir, Salma and Taheer will be here too."

I just nodded as we went inside.

We ended up at a bowling alley.

Oh...

I first spotted Salma and Amir chatting together then went over to them.

"Hey guys." I greeted them.

Amir nodded and Salma gave me a side hug before I excused them while they went on with their conversation.

Then I saw Taheer.

He seemed lonely and I was just about to go over to him to say hi when Khalil's voice stopped me.

"Karimah, come let's bowl." He said as he held a bowling ball in his hand.

I scurried over to him and watched as he inserted his fingers into the three holes on the ball and made his stance before swinging the ball off to the bowling pins.

I laughed as his ball only managed to knock down one of the pins.

He got me a ball, "Oya you try now. You're busy laughing."

I laughed even harder before taking the ball from him. I inserted my fingers and did just the same thing he did.

Except, mine hit all the pins.